1;29 to 1;22 Mighty Moe calling it done!

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
I posted this Moe in the paint /weathering section as just a repaint of the stock loco but as the bash has started I thought it may fit better in here so here goes,another job started over the weekend and the bad weather,all that`s really been done is a new cab "box "with windows,the electrics in the original cab were all under the floor so to keep that all in the same place I made a tunnel on the floor to hide it all and the engineers control panel from the Moe cab now sits on it also,nice and tidy,the rear back up light wires were cut to allow the wiring to pass through the rear cab sheet and to be reconnected later as the wires may need extending and the cab interior light will fix in somewhere in the cab later too,the roof at the moment is scrap plasticard but seems to fit the cab contours quite well so just may end up as the basis for the finished item.The Moe cab has been stripped of all possible re use items such as windshield wipers to use if I can on the completed loco.;);)MOE 2 NO 1 002.jpgMOE 2 NO 1 003.jpgMOE 2 NO 1 004.jpgMOE 2 NO 1 005.jpgMOE 2 NO 1 001.jpg

Last edited:

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Some more done to Moe and begining to take shape now,all second coat paint on but will need another coat of the red on the hood and the cab,glazing in on the front and rear windows,I used very small channel to make the frames and then the glaze drops in,no glue;);) and then topped off with square strip,the box for the rear light and cab light wiring has been made to take the wires to the top of the cab ready for the cab to be fitted,brake wheel from the original cab will be reused and fitted to the rear cab sheet with another box structure already in.Handrails for the cab doors have been formed together with a cross handrail for the rear of the cab,holes drilled and ready to go on after the next coat of red,so whats still to do,new steps front and rear,horn,side handrails(may use the original items)cab roof,windshield wipers,wiring and modify a figure to be the engineer is a list to be going on with;)MOE 2 009.jpgMOE 2 006.jpgMOE 2 007.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
A little more done,horn mounted on the hood,an item that`s been in the spares box since i got a pair from Steve at Back to BAY 6 and knew it would(well at least one) come into use at some point,another coat of red has gone on and the cab handrails checked and ready for fitting,a dry run of the wire cover box for the cab lights and appears to fit well,I think some folded up seats should go in and some channel on top of the doors to give the sliding door effect,a lot of the paint lines inside the cab need tidying up too;);)MOE 3 003.jpgMOE 3 002.jpg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, I bought a horn at Peterborough, but I'm blowed if I can remember which loco I wanted to put it on :D:D:D

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, I bought a horn at Peterborough, but I'm blowed if I can remember which loco I wanted to put it on :D:D:D
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::laughing::rofl:I think that should have finished with,,,,hat ,coat,door?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag

Errr.............
One without a horn? :)

Just maybe, perhaps? :nod::giggle::giggle:

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Getting on with the transformation and some more done,the cab roof just wasn`t right and so dropped the overall height by about 5mm and changed the roof line to a more flattened profile and I must say I think it looks better,the original cab light is in,the paint line on the hood has a better line but the cab is still to do(need masking tape),exhaust stack has been changed from the tapered stock item to a straight round for a more simple look,the walkway hand rails have been modified to give a wider access to the walkway on both sides to allow a 1;22 figure to get through the opening as apposed to the small opening for a 1;29,new steps for the the front and rear fabricated to match the cab doors and walkways but the tool and electric box hinges have gone as they will not have room to open the doors with the new steps in place so the boxes will end up as something else when it`s all done,windshield wipers are in but need some more work on them,the engineer was kept simple as a bowler hatted figure was just not the look I wanted so the hat was cut down to a sort of cap and using some heat his arms were bent to match the controls in the cab,simple fix.so whats to do,cab roof to finish with rain strips and sunshades,chassis re paint and details to go on such as more pipework,items already listed to tidy and finish up,it will have to be re lettered as the old ones were damaged and of course numbered,the electric bell under the cab is staying as are the cut bars and pipework on the front and rear drawbars to match the Alcos.I will replace one of the couplings to allow either knuckle or hook and loop cars to be worked while switching.;);),oh and then some weathering!!moe 4 012.jpgmoe 4 014.jpgmoe 4 009.jpgmoe 4 010.jpgMOE 4 008.jpg

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
I`m calling this little loco now done and dusted:clap::clap:,I managed to use the sunshades from the original cab,some chassis detailing such as pipework and cylinders added,some weathering and that`s about it and the pics show her working with a few cars while track testing.All the lighting working but can`t test the smoke unit as I need some more fluid but it was working fine when I last used it.;)moe done 002.jpgmoe done 003.jpgmoe done 005.jpgmoe done 010.jpgmoe done 009.jpg

Reactions: 1 user