1:24 scale Routemaster bus

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
Thanks everyone, glad you liked it.
Oh, I meant to say that you also get a spare engine with the kit. It comes with a 'Leyland' engine (which in actual fact is the proper AEC unit) and a 'Scania' one. My spare Scania unit will be very useful for kit bashing in the future. :D

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
I have to add that if I have a favourite 'Landon Bas' it is the old AEC Regent RTs, but then they were the ones that ran around there in my youth. The Route Master came along after I'd moved on.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
RML was the first vehicle I ever drove!! sitting on my Dads lap driving around Putney bus garage that brings back some memories..............
My Dad was a mechanic but he used to drive for MIRA on the side when they needed buses for traffic simulations. My Godfather was the driver who managed to tip a double decker over and had it leaning on Boots the chemist in Putney!

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
According to this website, 2,785 RMs were produced, along with one FRM (Rear engined prototype) model.

So although they were mainly confined to the capital, I guess that they were one of the most numerous bus types ever to run in the UK....

http://www.routemaster.org.uk/index.php/the-bus/81-types

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
cool model-love the interior seat 'fabric' pattern detail