Zillertalbahn Red

Windym87

Registered
28 May 2022
Warwick
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all

does anyone know a suitable paint for Zillertalbahn Red?

Having searched here and elsewhere I can’t find a paint code or anything similar.

just bought a Zillertalbahn Red Bogie coach and it’s in need of a touch up on the door due to a repair.

Thanks

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all

Having searched here and elsewhere I can’t find a paint code or anything similar.

just bought a Zillertalbahn Red Bogie coach and it’s in need of a touch up on the door due to a repair.

Thanks
Best though I can give is to take the door off and take to Halfords if you have one nearby, try to match with the colour chart. Unlikely you will get a perfect match but you can always say the door got damaged and the paint was slightly different shade on the replacement. A not unrealistic scenario on the real thing.

Hm lots of duplication going on as system saying ‘server error’. Delete option gone as well for now.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all

Thanks
Best though I can give is to take the door off and take to Halfords if you have one nearby, try to match with the colour chart. Unlikely you will get a perfect match but you can always say the door got damaged and the paint was slightly different shade on the replacement. A not unrealistic scenario on the real thing.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all

Thanks

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all

Thanks

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hm lots of duplication going on as system saying ‘server error’. Delete option gone as well for now.
Yes, seems I had similar yesterday, but managed to delete the duplicate entry :)

Windym87

Registered
28 May 2022
Warwick
Best answers
Country flag
Well with a trip to a model railway exhibition earlier I looked to see if I could match the colour.

A very close match is Phoenix Precision Red Oxide, which also seems to be very close to DR Red/brown also.

Only downside is that it’s Matt when the coach has a sheen to it, so some satin varnish maybe required.

8A7616A9-D6F1-4CF7-AAA5-437E881BBA6D.jpeg