Wiring instructions sought - old Pendlebury Signals (c. 2008)

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Hoping someone has a more effective filing system than mine! I want to reinstall 2 pairs of old signals on the new line but I've lost the instructions and can't even remember what is the input voltage, let alone how to wire them up! The signals are twin-head searchlight from Pendlebury (under the original owner, as they are no longer produced by the present proprietor) and each pair is controlled by a five-way rotary switch, 2xR, R+G, Off, G+R, 2xG, as far as I can recall. The old item code was PMB 36.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
If no instructions are forthcoming, it should be okay to connect the input leads to the track output of a Controller (Hornby or LGB) and turn the knob until the lights just come on.

You can then either measure the voltage required with a meter, or make an assumption that for example, the knob is halfway so it is roughly half the total output. Note that Hornby and other controllers are 0-12 Volts, whereas LGB are 0-22 Volts...

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, Gizzy - I'll give that a try next week. I have a feeling, from odd bits of wire found in the salvage box, that it uses 12V DC (looks as if I may once have had them running from an old H&M Duette), but I'll start with 0V and crank it up very slowly! :banghead: