corgi

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Best answers
GHWood said:
Passenger traffic being handled by the Ex County Donegal railcars
images

Who makes the Walkers? They used them here in Victoria on our Irish 5'3" gauge.

GHWood

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Isle Of Man
sites.google.com
Best answers
Ron,
They are scratchbuilt by myself
008fdcf13a3942549b30add35de1d2b9.jpg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
New Haven Neil said:
I've kept the best ones back - I feel an article coming on, just in time for the summer issues......
images

Yeah, they only ever put articles about garden railways in the Summer issues :impatient:

which is silly, 'cos it's the Winter time when you should be planning it, Springtime for building and Summer for sipping the Pimms and watching trains go by :D:D:D

corgi

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Best answers
GHWood said:
Ron,
They are scratchbuilt by myself
images

Mike,
they look great.
They wouldn't be out of place down here in VR blue and yellow with VR yellow chevrons.

What did you use for the basis of the scratchbuild?

GHWood

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Isle Of Man
sites.google.com
Best answers
The power bogies are from the Bachmann Mid West Quarry side rod 45T diesel, the rest is thin ply and some stripwood if you are further interested send a pm and I will dig out the pictures of the construction process and plans. Dont want to hijack a live Steam topic do we!!

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Gar
Rhinochugger said:
New Haven Neil said:
I've kept the best ones back - I feel an article coming on, just in time for the summer issues......
images

Yeah, they only ever put articles about garden railways in the Summer issues :impatient:

which is silly, 'cos it's the Winter time when you should be planning it, Springtime for building and Summer for sipping the Pimms and watching trains go by :D:D:D

Garden Rail has them every month.......:confused:

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
Lovely pics NHN and Mr Wood, all we need is someone to turn up with a mucky Cale and big plough ;-)

I got an e-mail from IOM Post today advising there would be no deliveries due to the snow, the e-mail arrived 2 mins after my post had been delivered!

Happy steamings,

John

New Haven Neil

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hello Charles, yes, a rather different day!! I think your visit co-incided with the only dry day all summer though!

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
So much snow! Wonderful piccies, I loved them.:D

New Haven Neil

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
stephen said:
New Haven Neil said:
Hello Charles, yes, a rather different day!! I think your visit co-incided with the only dry day all summer though!

Hi Neil,
That is it. You have convinced me. Kids off school tomorrow. Will sweap off tracks with kids help. I am steaming tomorrow. Great pics An insperation.

Speak soon

Steve

Hi Steve!

The snow was just right that morning !! It's -5.5 this morning, and the snow is frozen solid, nothing would cut through it!!

Neil