windy night

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
[align=center]Looks like the branchkine will need to close again after last nights windyness.

I was out at two am piling tree logs on what was left of the corner , some track is missing some in the feild , this is the third time now wondering if it worth the battle,
4d20ba32411e42f7b9ba5852ae63cb38.jpg
79e6790ed9d849f1811806f700ceff26.jpg
a72e605e216c41a4b9d491b49d7f645c.jpg
006216bcf18c44fd9494a247b418b443.jpg

[/align]

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
What a great shame , mother nature is stonger than any of us

MR SPOCK

25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
Best answers
Steve said:
What a great shame , mother nature is stonger than any of us

[align=center]quite happy about natures strength just fed up that mine is not very good,

the trees the landlord planted as a screen hedge are the reason as they funnel the wind off the atlantic thro here and to the rest of the country, I saw it on a weather map hahah

3b2240e3109449c6b9b34d4cbf510ad6.jpg
last sunday

f1cbe458fed34868affa76ff39db02d3.jpg
this morning
[/align]

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
Could the railway not go behind the brick wall rather than above ?

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
god...yes it was so windy last nite as my toy castle were blown off and land in the pond!!! aslo some wood logs blow off and ended up in fishpond as well....but aslo my solar lite house were in the pond as well!!!!!.......mine surrounded with fence!!!!!!!........wish brick wall......shame is it? cant blame tht windy can we???

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Hope the damage is not too costly for you Pete :wits: don't give up the battle

MR SPOCK

25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
Best answers
steven large said:
god...yes it was so windy last nite as my toy castle were blown off and land in the pond!!! aslo some wood logs blow off and ended up in fishpond as well....but aslo my solar lite house were in the pond as well!!!!!.......mine surrounded with fence!!!!!!!........wish brick wall......shame is it? cant blame tht windy can we???

[align=center]Good idea Steve will dig a pond then all my bits will be in the same place haha wink
[/align]

MR SPOCK

25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
Best answers
Steve said:
Could the railway not go behind the brick wall rather than above ?

[align=center]Would be too low either side of teh wall, but got a plan in mind, as this is now the only place with a problem steelwork is the next baseboard, will rawl plug itto the wall,
[/align]

MR SPOCK

25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
Best answers
Richie said:

[align=center]Lost two turnouts so will make new ones, and three yards of track , nearly a whole box of peco just in this same corner over three years, , was convinced that it was nicked the first time but after three years mmmmm bizarrely some stock is still in the sidings where I left it Sunday, eddies flukes and downright badluck,

oh the joys of a relaxing hobby,
[/align]

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Sorry to hear and see your news, Pete - You could always try modelling Grand Central Station (mostly below ground level!) . My weather problems seem minor - mostly leaves, twigs and apples.

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
MR SPOCK said:
Richie said:

[align=center]Lost two turnouts so will make new ones, and three yards of track , nearly a whole box of peco just in this same corner over three years, , was convinced that it was nicked the first time but after three years mmmmm bizarrely some stock is still in the sidings where I left it Sunday, eddies flukes and downright badluck, [/align] [align=center]
[/align]
Hi Pete
I think you should start modelling the Rio Grande as part of the line out of Chama is called windy point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HntdqVIKcaw&feature=related

MR SPOCK

25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
Best answers
royale said:
Sorry to hear and see your news, Pete - You could always try modelling Grand Central Station (mostly below ground level!) . My weather problems seem minor - mostly leaves, twigs and apples.

[align=center]Thanks for the idea,

only ever this corner, from day one, its those silly trees planted as a screen, then left to grow beserk,

I had thought of clothing the fuel tank as Union Station, thats a foot lower, I had abandonned the branch line for 18 months and was going to remove the track altogether, but after trials and tests found a way to connect it again, a rock and a hard place was the name of it, living up to it ,. and was the reason for the cornwall brnch closing old dear mother nature, hands up!!!!!!!
[/align]

coyote97

RR, technical things, 4x4
9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers
Sorry to see this.
I faced some wind-damages, too (not this autumn), so i know how angry u can get seeing the damage....gnf!

We have to build much more life-like: heavy concrete, stones and stable structures...nothing more will help us!

Greetings

Frank

MR SPOCK

25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
Best answers
Richie said:
MR SPOCK said:
Richie said:

[align=center]Lost two turnouts so will make new ones, and three yards of track , nearly a whole box of peco just in this same corner over three years, , was convinced that it was nicked the first time but after three years mmmmm bizarrely some stock is still in the sidings where I left it Sunday, eddies flukes and downright badluck, [/align] [align=center]
[/align]
Hi Pete
I think you should start modelling the Rio Grande as part of the line out of Chama is called windy point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HntdqVIKcaw&feature=related

[align=center]Why is ther two trains joined together ,??? must be really steep there and exposed nothing much green,

I just painted two fa/fb black that were rio g, must be an omen,

tonight been mild so the wind must be up north , dont leave nothing outside !!
14daaf4021634886bb47a320a1d10a5f.jpg

plus this place is called Warragull, the wife that built it was born in Australia, anyone know the meaning of the name?. I think it means the windiest place that the wind blows in the windiest place,in the windiest place of the windiest place,there is no wind at all now and I can hear the wind!!!!!!

plus my boiler has just blown out
[/align]

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Why is ther two trains joined together ,??? must be really steep there and exposed nothing much green, [/quote

Hi Pete this was common for the Rio Grande as parts of the line are 4% 1in25 grades you would find a helper engine cut into the middle and one on the rear in front of the caboose, i think parts of the lines are over 10,000ft above sea level covered in snow most of the year so not much grows .

MR SPOCK

25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
Best answers
Richie said:
Why is ther two trains joined together ,??? must be really steep there and exposed nothing much green, [/quote

Hi Pete this was common for the Rio Grande as parts of the line are 4% 1in25 grades you would find a helper engine cut into the middle and one on the rear in front of the caboose, i think parts of the lines are over 10,000ft above sea level covered in snow most of the year so not much grows .

[align=center]wow, 10.000, am impressed, what was or is at the top of the hill then, maybe pilng everything with scree would hold it down mahaps, ideas forming thanks for the trigger

c3eb80918c1742caafe0b8e5a6691cde.jpg

[/align]