Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Wow!
Does it include the lamp?

It looks good from the rear, but in that side-view, it looks huge! :eek:;):D:D:D

PhilP
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Guess who made the classic mistake of not looking at the subject, Young David will be sniggering behind his sleeve! Actually it didn't include the lamp, or the bottle of Hotch Potch

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Latest build completed, now has to go into the paint shop. For anyone who is curious, 602 rivet heads.

dig 220813004.JPG

David

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag

Flying15

Registered
12 May 2015
London
Best answers
Country flag
It’s been the best part of a year since I’ve had a loco build on my work bench.
At present I’m on the way to completing a model based on the Baddesley Colliery Garratt which is preserved at Bressingham !
I’ ve seen on the forum another rather nice model of the loco built around LGB chassis.
My model is based on two Aristocraft 0-4-0 chassis from locos I bought at the Henfield and the Ally Pally shows.
The US bodies were removed with much cutting using angle grinder and hack saw, then 9D766F91-2177-43BD-B667-37CDD2AEB666.jpeg12CED8EE-1643-4BAE-A8FD-4073235EFD72.jpeg2E7FCD79-3B1E-459D-9B7C-0CE821053516.jpegD2E0C62C-9C32-49F8-8ABB-1C0392C543C6.jpegmuch plastic removed with a power file. The loco body seemed to be integral with the chassis quite unlike other models.
I may do a separate post when it’s finished describing the build a little more expansively.

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
Quite a bit, in between the showers and other gardening tasks, just brief note, further info to be furnished via the Blog.

The clearance of the shed and the subsequent rummage unearthed several useful items for further reuse.

First up a speed controller for the workbench.

DC Motor Speed Controller.jpg

The scenario of the hidden from view during normal operation of the two sidings on the Phase 5 extension has been rectified.

BM module in operation track Two occupied.jpg

Further tinkering with the Heng Long smoke unit has proved useful and informative.

Heng Long  Smoke Unit.jpg

Short video of the unit in operation to be found here...Heng Long smoke unit

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
More tinkering with the Heng Long smoke unit, Hall Sensor to create chuff control for the smoke effect.

Heng Long smoke unit and Hall Sensor.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
More tinkering with the Heng Long smoke unit, Hall Sensor to create chuff control for the smoke effect.

View attachment 303167
Blub blub blub, I thought the only thing with that lot that made any sense to me was the switch. Then I realised it was not a direct connection to the motor, that is when my blubing started.

Any chance of some meat to the circuits, all looks very interesting. This is as far as my knowledge takes me.
11EDD4DC-2082-46C3-A7C0-836E6D56E915.png

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
Blub blub blub, I thought the only thing with that lot that made any sense to me was the switch. Then I realised it was not a direct connection to the motor, that is when my blubing started.

Any chance of some meat to the circuits, all looks very interesting.
Will do, once the nitty gritty is sorted out, will provide working details.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Will do, once the nitty gritty is sorted out, will provide working details.
Thanks have slightly revised my post while you were replying.

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
Updated the Blog with further info on the Heng Long smoke Unit.

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
Gizmo for visual indication of the pair of sidings on the recently commissioned Phase 5 extension, using a detector module from MD Electronics, further info and details can be found here.

Track One detection ON.jpg

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
Back in the midst of time, plus a note on the to do list, there was a question about installing/fitting exterior lights around/for a garden railway, my own personal experience on providing a simple but effective method is here, hopefully to provide ideas and inspiration.

Modified light fitted to post.jpg

RobM-W

Registered
4 Apr 2021
Moggill, Brisbane, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Just converted an old Bachmann flat car and bobber caboose into a MOW trailing sound car. RCS-RC, Cobra and MyLocoSound components. Treated the caboose with acetone and green scouring pad to remove transfers and rough it up.
testfit 3D crane.png
TheGuts.png

finished.png

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Getting the bench tidied up and the lid off this Piko 218 to get batteryficated. DCC fitted some time back now so this will be a battery DCC joby with Fosworks electronics.890AF8CD-B917-4D9C-B299-6D82241EFB7B.jpeg

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Another day another batch of masking up. Did the bottom the other day to paint the body. Now masked up to do the underneath matt black. Sprayed it and wondered why the paint was not taking, looked at the can and it said “for best reults use grey undercoat” as I had used red undercoat I thought it would be fine. BUT had not noticed that the soding tin was Black Satin. Grrrrrrr. So now need to get some Matt Black cans, should be able to get some. Monday if I remember as I will be passing a Halfords Branch.

Oh in other news for any Cambridge visitors, not yet for a while but they are Consulting again on an environmental levy for cars to visit the Town Centre Mon-Fri 0700-1900. £5 being proposed. Also for a busway C2C the so called Cambridge to Cambourne link that has now taken over from CAM. Plus miles more cycleways, looks like the Combined Mayor is taking peoples health and longterm well being seriously, hardly surprising as he is a Doctor of Medicine.

See Page 64

BFEE5EC9-8F42-4D5D-899C-F64066DBE1B6.jpeg

DE121268-DACD-414A-8BB4-FBE0A0BAA48C.jpeg

The Shed

8 Mar 2020
Country
England
Best answers
Among other things, updating items for future projects on both the workbench and the Blog.

Test run of the Heng Long smoke unit in the great outdoors with PWM control for the smoke unit motor supplied by the Loco motor, updated details here..........

Heng Long Smoke Unit smoke one.jpg