24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Are they scratch built ;)
No, they're beyond my ability to draw up :blush:
I found a set of J70/Toby files online. I didn't need most of it, but one of the files was the cowcatcher. I made it a bit wider to suit my scratchbuilt tram loco (plywood body on a Playmobil motor block, from a Garden Rail plan by John Rogers, IIRC), which I want to put back into service as battery/rc this summer.
Mr Rogers included a drawing of a cowcatcher that looked a little too fiddly for my 10 thumbs, so the loco has been without one (or two) for all its life :eek:.

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Work continues on the tram. I've now designed the leaf springs and axle boxes and have printed a set out. The laser cut parts have been slightly redesigned to reduce the lower saloon height by about 10mm and the length of the upper deck corrected. I've built up one of the upper seats and I'm quite pleased with the result.

20220130_194247.jpg20220130_193708.jpg20220130_193056.jpg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
A little delicate soldering :
IMG_20220131_121605.jpg
Now, I can have a coffee!
:)

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Amazingly!
It goes round LGB R1..
IMG_20220204_171755.jpg

IMG_20220204_171856.jpg
Look's stoopid, and you couldn't couple anything to it sensibly, but I am quite surprised.. :eek::wondering::nerd:

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
I have glued the beading onto yet another IOM saloon coach (this will be my sixth, and last -just as the previous one was...) and then started chopping around laser cuts of an IOM 'M' wagon. I got the original drawings wrong but hey, I've only got 4 to make...

First model making I have done in months!

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
A few days ago I lifted a troublesome LGB R3 point from my layout. It had seen over 20 years service on my railway and was probably second hand when I purchased it. Decided to replace rather than attempt a repair and the replacement arrived yesterday. Today was spent cleaning up the railclamps and rail ends adjacent to said point before installing and testing. All is well, I'm so pleased I decided to use railclamps on my line rather than standard fishplates.

PICT0004.JPG

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
A few days ago I lifted a troublesome LGB R3 point from my layout. It had seen over 20 years service on my railway and was probably second hand when I purchased it. Decided to replace rather than attempt a repair and the replacement arrived yesterday. Today was spent cleaning up the railclamps and rail ends adjacent to said point before installing and testing. All is well, I'm so pleased I decided to use railclamps on my line rather than standard fishplates.

View attachment 295024
I use clamps for all points/turnouts to make it easier to remove them, since they are the most likely pieces of track to give trouble. Other railjoints are mostly fishplates.

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks to the lovely weather this weekend, more progress on the half brake, hand rails and running boards fitted, then taken out to see if it still went around the corners...... err, it didn't until the bogies met Mr File :devil:

DSC_0290.JPG

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
My current modelling time is being spent altering the appearance of my locomotive fleet in an attempt to both Anglicise it and help create a corporate image to complement the passenger and rolling stock that I have previously altered, for the Claptowte Railway. Here is a link to the album showing the two locos finished to date.
https://www.gscalecentral.net/media/albums/the-claptowte-railway-locomotives.241/

I am currently working on the third locomotive, which is a second LGB Corpet Louvet. This one, purchased some years ago, was originally red, but I have now re-sprayed it black. As purchased it came without any figure in the cab. As the locos on the Claptowte Railway always run with a driver and a fireman, I had to obtain some figures. I opted to buy a pair of 3D printed G Scale figures by Clavey Models, via eBay. At £6.20 each, including postage, they were not going to break to bank. The figures come primed, ready for painting. I purchased 'Driver Sam' and 'Fireman Ed'. It's about fifty years since I last painted any figures and I have never before painted any railway figures, I was not sure if I was up to it. Anyway, I don't think they turned out too bad and are an improvement on LGB's normal offerings. Given that they will not be that visible within the confines of a loco cab, I think they pass muster.

Driver Sam and Fireman Ed as purchased.

dig 220211001.JPG

The painted figures

dig 220213001.JPG

David

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Getting on with some brickwork painting.
With help from David who re-sent me a post from his Clapowte Railway thread

20220215_194853.jpg

I tried to replicate the yellowy, creamy brickwork that is common in this area. It starts of a nice gold colour but it doesn't take long for it to weather, in some cases to an overall dark grey. An interesting point is that there is very little, or no identity where the mortar is, the walls are smooth, almost as if the mortar lines are painted on.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Work in Progress , 3D printing and Painting some new passengers, they are not the Ebay versions, I searched the internet till I found where he bought the original files from, which I then bought so I could Resin Print my own :)

people.jpg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Work in Progress , 3D printing and Painting some new passengers, they are not the Ebay versions, I searched the internet till I found where he bought the original files from, which I then bought so I could Resin Print my own :)

View attachment 295393
Looks like Laurel and hardy there ;);)

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag

View attachment 295393
Nice to see some variety, from the usual low quality Chinese stuff (a couple of dozen of which are glaring up at me from my bench this afternoon, wondering what mediocre paint job I'll give them),

Andreas

Registered
26 Jan 2021
79576 Weil am Rhein, Germany
Country
Germany
fam-weniger.jimdofree.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi,
can you tell me where you bought the files - I haven't found any data on such really beautiful figures yet.
thanks

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi,
can you tell me where you bought the files - I haven't found any data on such really beautiful figures yet.
thanks
Seconded, I'd also like to make a set of these and I'm happy to pay for them.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag