What happened at your workbench today?

Tanker man

G scale and 5 inch ride on
10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
Dave, what are the dimensions of the cabinet please? - Do you think it big enough to take a small servo?

PhilP.
Well I was printing a piano at the time the picture was taken! .................tell me what size box you want and I will print you one, that download was for an ‘n’ gauge print, I just re configured the dimensions I wanted in the slicer program and printed it. The inside has 2 oval columns and a square ‘hole’ . I just cut out one of the oval bits to fit the PP3 battery and the square hole took the strip board with the components on , I did raise the box up a fraction with some square plastic strut to give clearance for the wiring..........let me know.
Dave

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Best answers
Country flag
Small F update,
A visit to the paint shop for undercoating.
DSC_0081.JPG

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Well a whole heap of stuff for the Y6 (right) and Red Loco (left many margarine metal) arrived yesterday and today and got emptied (well placed) on the workbench. Some parts on the left will go to other Gauge 3 projects in mind. Thanks Matt and Mike.
A581A4D1-51D9-426C-8E26-F65180A17A23.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Hello. Do you intend to try a red wine paint?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Remeber, Gerard, this is a model of the Isle of Man Railway, and on their dining trains, they offer a red wine labelled 'Engine Shed Red.' :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I have never been on the isle of Man but if so, I will try to get some bottle of "engine shed red".
It's not bad - pretty good with their curry :nod::nod:

However, in other news I have been playing with the impossibly small n gauge and adapting the Kato platform. It had a subway staircase, which is hardly necessary for a small end of the line set-up, so I doctored the staircase with a quarter landing to allow access from the street. I also shortened and cut back the platform, reduced the canopy ends, and had to install another column to make the roof structure credible. Juts need some platform end railings :think::think:

DSCF2005.JPG

Gérard Baudoin

Registered
13 Jan 2021
Bretagne - France -Europe
Best answers
Country flag
It's not bad - pretty good with their curry :nod::nod:

However, in other news I have been playing with the impossibly small n gauge and adapting the Kato platform. It had a subway staircase, which is hardly necessary for a small end of the line set-up, so I doctored the staircase with a quarter landing to allow access from the street. I also shortened and cut back the platform, reduced the canopy ends, and had to install another column to make the roof structure credible. Juts need some platform end railings :think::think:

View attachment 279793
Sorry, I forgot to tell you your train is superb. Especialy Mona! I regret the very little number of live steam machine available on the continent.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry, I forgot to tell you your train is superb. Especialy Mona! I regret the very little number of live steam machine available on the continent.
Not mine, my friend, it's Fezwig - a train driver in this country :nod::nod:

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
A few finishing touches to the tram. Just the lighting and destination boards to do.
20210130_172040.jpg

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

3 minutes of fame

14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks all. The tram is now finished and has left the work bench to join the rest of the fleet.

Lighting and destination boards are fitted and everything works well.

Next project will be some stock for the J70 to pull...

20210131_125659.jpg
20210131_132751_resized.jpg

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Spent the day down the Black Horse trying to get the ruff trusses installed in the left hand side, but late delivery's again :rolleyes: Stupid 3D printer keeps messing up again all I wanted was two roof trusses..

Theirs still some Playmobil in it, just not as much as when I started, and none at all on the second floor or roof, now I just need a bigger (working) printer and scale it up :rofl:

Black Horse.jpg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Spent the day down the Black Horse trying to get the ruff trusses installed in the left hand side, but late delivery's again :rolleyes: Stupid 3D printer keeps messing up again all I wanted was two roof trusses..

Theirs still some Playmobil in it, just not as much as when I started, and none at all on the second floor or roof, now I just need a bigger (working) printer and scale it up :rofl:

View attachment 279867
It's lonesome away from your kindered and all
By the campfire at night where the wild Dingos call
But there's nothin' so lonesome, so dull or so drear
Than to stand in the bar of a pub with no beer

Now the Publican's anxious for the quota to come
There's a faraway look on the face of the bum
The maid's gone all cranky and the cook's acting queer
What a terrible place is a pub with no beer

The stock man rides up with his dry, dusty throat
He breasts up till the bar, pulls a wad from his coat
But the smile on his face quickly turns to a sneer
When the barman says suddenly, "The pub's got no beer"

There's a dog on the verandah, for his master he waits
But the boss is inside drinking wine with his mates
He hurries for cover and he cringes in fear
It's no place for a dog round a pub with no beer

Old Billy, the blacksmith, the first time in his life
Has gone home cold sober to his darling wife
He walks in the kitchen, she says, "You're early, me dear"
Then he breaks down and he tells her that the pub's got no beer

It's lonesome away from your kindered and all
By the campfire at night where the wild Dingos call
But there's nothin' so lonesome, so dull or so drear
Than to stand in the bar of a pub with no beer

• Haha

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Best answers
Country flag
Hello. Do you intend to try a red wine paint?
I was going to reply, no, it is "Post Office Red", then I saw the "bottle" of red wine in the back ground :giggle: I'll leave the wine until I've finished, my paintings bad as it is!

Gérard Baudoin said:

Thanks!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I made a smoke machine :cool::cool: out of a small electronic circuit :oops::oops:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Strange almost non railway job. My little Slide Scanner has a rubberish coating to it that has become all sticky and orrible. My friend told me that this can happen with this type of coating and suggested I seal it with something like pva. So that is what I have done and it appears to have worked, used very sloppy stuff with very thin coat.
34B39B1B-79EE-4DC0-844A-1627ABF9EBF9.jpeg
I had considered replacing it with one currently in Aldi but that downloads direct to a PC (Mac not stated) which is a real pain as my little cracker has a small screen and loads directly to a SD card. Perfect.

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Best answers
Country flag
Strange almost non railway job. My little Slide Scanner has a rubberish coating to it that has become all sticky and orrible. My friend told me that this can happen with this type of coating and suggested I seal it with something like pva. So that is what I have done and it appears to have worked, used very sloppy stuff with very thin coat.
View attachment 279869
I had considered replacing it with one currently in Aldi but that downloads direct to a PC (Mac not stated) which is a real pain as my little cracker has a small screen and loads directly to a SD card. Perfect.
That Looks like a ashtray off a class 47 loco Jon :)

3 minutes of fame

14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
View attachment 279869
I had a web cam that went all sticky and grotty. I washed it with some surface cleaner and it happily removed all the grot. It doesn't seem to have gone sticky since.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I had a web cam that went all sticky and grotty. I washed it with some surface cleaner and it happily removed all the grot. It doesn't seem to have gone sticky since.
Hm my mate says with the surface that I have it would just start again!