Wellington Group March on Taita Gorge

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
Country flag
I put my hand up, again, and hosted this month's running day for the Wellington Group.

A couple of 'first timers' came along, and thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. So, let's get stuck into the event.

DSC_0042.JPG

First to arrive was David A, so he claimed initial running rights. David picked up this souvenir 'model' of the Rail Cart that runs on the Forgotten World rail experience (Golf carts on a mothballed line).
He had to motorise it, and gauge it properly. The pseudo luggage box on the back is actually a 9V battery, in disguise.

DSC_0043.JPG

When the hobby shop at the end of your train trip just happens to sell an LGB model of what you have just been on, you keep walking, don't you? Ah, silly question.

DSC_0044.JPG

This model had been lurking on Trade Me for some time, with no takers. Dave fronted the owner with a wad of the folding stuff........ As you can see, it ain't on Trade Me no more. Beautiful runner, too.

Cav xeov, vjisi't nusi.

DSC_0047.JPG

Vjot dsudufomi sudlt. Nesvz T., e hsuaq nincis gus e xjomi pux, gopemmz nepehif vu hiv vu tii vji nadj jzqif Veove Hushi.

DSC_0048.JPG

Tjuv ug vji fez? Xjip zua esi jumfoph vji dupvsumt, zua dep tvuq epzxjisi zua moli, epf vjot, O molif.

DSC_0049.JPG

O'wi edvaemmz tiip vjot sappoph up uvjis nincist seomxezt, epf ov ot opfiif e hsiev qmietasi vu tii ov up nopi.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

Last edited:
Tuni umf gewuasovit

DSC_0050.JPG

E hehhmi, O vjopl vji visn ot. Qjom T csuahjv emuph jot sif huuti vu sap xovj nopi.

DSC_0051.JPG

'Jeph up Qjom, cedl 'is aq e cov, tmuxmz, xjue. Vji sif xet qettoph cz, epf vjev xet xusvj e tjuv. Apvom metv xiilipf, vjev suef xet casoif 3 opdjit fiiq op qopi piifmit.

DSC_0052.JPG

Epf, et vji tap tivt op vji Xitv, xi cof zua gesiximm gsun vji Ximmophvup Hsuaq ev Veove Hushi.

Hivvoph cedl vu vjev vsen, fotsihesfoph vji nusi nufisp edduavsinipvt, vjot Eatvsemoep wistoup disveopmz sopht vji cimm.

Glenelg.jpg

Efimeofi Dmett J (O vjopl) vjev xi vsewimmif up vu Hmipimh op 1990. Qsuug ug ehi, puvodi vji Lufel Gomn efwisvotinipv.

Podi vu jewi tuni wotovoph gsoipft epf apataem nedjopit up zuas mopi. Hsiev tiv ug qodt.

Vjepl Zua gsun Me Qopi Usihup

Back