beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
ROSS said:
I'll bet quite a few locos bought for preservation, were allowed to rot away due over eagerness to preserve.
Just like aircraft preservation. :rolleyes:

Perhaps a liberal dousing by Matt Varnish would have kept them in better nick :D

I was about to embark on weathering some diesels (after all the other half started projects) and have got a lot of pictorial evidence but having seen Rods stuff I am tending to think again. If I even get half near to as good a job as his, then I will never want to lift them up or let them come into everyday usage on my layout with all the little things that can come into contact (rocks, accidents, stray plant material, twigs etc etc) and that can degrade the paintwork. :(

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Hi Rod
Many thanks for the pics and helpful tips on weathering will have ago at my flat car this week end will let you know how i get on . Will add some more weathering to the wheels on my Porter loco too .

Pipalya

White Pass, SAR (South Australian Railways)
16 Jun 2010
Adelaide, South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
This forum and thread has been inspirational. At the moment I am convalescing, back from surgery - no heavy lifting, strenuous activity etc, so I might try some weathering to pass the time. Thank you again.