Wanted, side supports for an LGB Toy Train stake truck

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I have a cunning plan for a custom based on the LGB Toy Train stake truck:

which would be greatly assisted if anyone had any of the side stakes from one which they no longer want (or even a whole truck with them at a reasonable price). I need 10 or 12 (12 gives me two spares in case of breakages).

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
I have a cunning plan for a custom based on the LGB Toy Train stake truck:

which would be greatly assisted if anyone had any of the side stakes from one which they no longer want (or even a whole truck with them at a reasonable price). I need 10 or 12 (12 gives me two spares in case of breakages).
Do they all need to be the same colour Gordon?

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Peter Zenner is your man if Mike can't help....

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Do they all need to be the same colour Gordon?
No, Mike, any colour will do. The idea is to make some detachable truck bodies which could then be slotted onto the Toy Train stake waggon.

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Peter Zenner is your man if Mike can't help....
Thanks for the info. I'll have a look anyway as I am also after Toy Train box van doors.

ebay mike

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
No, Mike, any colour will do. The idea is to make some detachable truck bodies which could then be slotted onto the Toy Train stake waggon.
I'll have a look. I made some up out of plasticard when I built my custom ammunition wagon for the rail gun.
IMG_20200618_133905.jpg

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I'll have a look. I made some up out of plasticard when I built my custom ammunition wagon for the rail gun.
View attachment 268429
Nice work, Mike. I've various odds and ends of plasticard and similar, but none suitable. I can get some from Monk Bar Models in York, but when I'll get there next is I don't know.

ebay mike

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Nice work, Mike. I've various odds and ends of plasticard and similar, but none suitable. I can get some from Monk Bar Models in York, but when I'll get there next is I don't know.
If I can't find some for you Gordon, I'll happily knock a few up for you. What maximum length would you need? B the way, the book arrived a few minutes ago, thanks.