Very handy tools

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
A friend at the West Mids GSS bought these very handy tools for me. I think he got them from Machine Mart, they cost just £3.59, part no. is 1800161.

The right-angled one second from the right is excellent for uncoupling hook and loops, the little hook second from the left is very good for three link couplings.

On health and safety grounds, you'd probably want to keep them away from the kids - or the wife if you're announcing a stealth purchase. Alternatively, you could do a very passable Abu Hamza impression. :D

5701e789425b4883b84f436b4a80debe.jpg

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Quite often see tool traders at model railway exhibitions selling these sort of dentistry type tools, but I've rarely seen them with "proper" handles fitted like those. They are indeed handy for uncoupling hooks, also for gouging out and shaping.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
Good spot !I shall have to divert to Machine Mart when in the neighbourhood for work purposes. :D

Andrew Foster

Registered
2 Jul 2010
Cambridge, Ontario
gnomengineers.com
Best answers
Country flag
Useful to have those handles on them for heavy work, but I find delicate work is better without the handles. Around here, the place to find quite decent quality dental tools at very good prices is the surplus store. The chisels and scrapers are very useful and have their own permanent spot on the bench. They are very hard and keep their edges for a long time.

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
Tools obtained, very happy with them, they are well made for the price too.
:clap::clap: