dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks all for the replies. 'Things at home' have kept me out of the garden the last few weeks.

I have decided to investigate the EPL system, I like the options and the simplicity of the system. Just have to figure out a way to wire everything... Takign the rabbit teeth into account... :confused:

Thanks all for the replies. 'Things at home' have kept me out of the garden the last few weeks.

I have decided to investigate the EPL system, I like the options and the simplicity of the system. Just have to figure out a way to wire everything... Takign the rabbit teeth into account... :confused:
Henri, do you not remember my Plastic Ducting for Wire Suggestion? To be fair you have had tons of ideas sent your way. Look at my recent post of my new station.
JonD

Last edited:

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
@Frank: thanks, I'll PM you.

dunnyrail dunnyrail : seen your plastic ducting. A very smart solution, but I can't seem to figure out how to fasten it to the ballast so the rabbits won't drag it all over the place and to me it looks out of place on a feldbahn / tramway. Maybe if I paint it 'concrete gray'... But still have a challenge to fasten it...?

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
@Frank: thanks, I'll PM you.

dunnyrail dunnyrail : seen your plastic ducting. A very smart solution, but I can't seem to figure out how to fasten it to the ballast so the rabbits won't drag it all over the place and to me it looks out of place on a feldbahn / tramway. Maybe if I paint it 'concrete gray'... But still have a challenge to fasten it...?
You could Raw Plug it to the Bricks then short branches from that to where the Wires go a bit like I have done, the the Branches would be held in place from Bunny attack by the Wire at both ends. Other option might be to bury Bricks or half brickes in the Muck and Raw Plug to that. Sure a solution with occur.
JonD

Reactions: 1 user

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
You could screw something like plastic or aluminium under sleepers like a horizontal arm extending away from the track to screw the ducting down to. This could then be covered with ballast to make it 'invisible'?

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Track & Duct.jpg
C:\Users\SPIKE\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

C:\Users\SPIKE\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks all for helping with suggestions!

I have this kind of ballast... Rowland's mix... Looking VERY good but how to add 'something new' to it? So it will blend into the ballast/bedding... I know it is just luxury problems, but I want to keep this look. (Much more pics in the Rabbit Hill Tramways thread)

2016-09-18 18.03.58.jpg

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Ok so you have used Rowlands mix,mmakes things easier than I thought. Just make a narrow line where the Trunking will go with say an old Screwdrpriver or Knacked Chiesel. This should give you a slight indentation to seat the Trunking. Dig out a small hole every foot or so say 2-3 inches squar and around 5 inches deep. A piece of Pipe or Bulb Planter should do that readily. Fill with cement and put a Plastic Rawplug in so that the rawplug is on the surface.

To fit trunking, drill some small hole in the Trunking (to match your Rawplugs) and screw to your Dried Rawplugs in the Cement. Simples and Bunny Proof. Repair the Rowlads mix where needed.

Oh and do not forget to spray the Trunking Mat Grey with a Rattle Can before you start.
JonD

Frank Gallagher

Well matured physically if not mentally
1 Jun 2016
Chatsworth
Best answers
Thats a nice picture love all the 'junk' lying around

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I too prefer my plugs raw not cooked :rofl::rofl: RawlPlug is a brand name (others are available of course)

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Humour, just love it
JonD
:rofl::devil::punch::devil::rofl: