dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
We had one of these on the Ruschbahn, the gearing is tiny barely suitable for a 00 Gauge Turntable. That got trashed very quickly. Then the Track Connections kept getting mashed up by general outdoor detritus as did the underneath Ball Bearing and Plastic Wire to keep the Balls apart System. In the end it became only just about usable with loads of fettling before each Operating Day. In my humble view not suitable for outside use. But probably very good inside a Shed or such like.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Yes I can imagine any equipment like this is likely to suffer outside. The one on sale from grootspoor was only used indoors according to the owner. I wonder how Gizzy Gizzy will get on with the Heyn version?

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Yes I can imagine any equipment like this is likely to suffer outside. The one on sale from grootspoor was only used indoors according to the owner. I wonder how Gizzy Gizzy will get on with the Heyn version?
I'm planning to bring mine indoors when the weather is a little bit too inclement Dave?

And definitely during winter....

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
It's been a long time, due to illness and generally being busy and not getting much time at home.

But I found time to have a look at installing the turntable this morning.

I tried to understand the instruction booklet that came with it, which is written in 'Dinglish' (Deutche English), but I'm still struggling to get my head around it.

I did work out that I need to extend some wiring and that the 'Taster' is some sort of indexing done with a micro-switch inside the track piece. And that the motor is somehow commanded using the Points (switch) settings on my Massoth Navigator but not a lot else.

So if someone can give me some hints or tips, then I would be eternally grateful....

Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
An update on my Turntable.

Bertram Heyn emailed some instructions in English last week.

This morning, I had time to connect it up, and I was able to command movements with my Navigator, thanks to Bertram's notes.

I now need to calibrate the unit. I will only be using it to turn locos 180 deg, as I haven't the room for a 5 road roundhouse....

Reactions: 1 user