I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
In August 2016 I was invited by an 85 year old modeler. He has a garden layout. His models are superb. He was a joiner and so he made his models with wood. Mostly plywood. And he is still working on new models. Also he has made some Schwebebahn Wagons. (Suspension railway - Wuppertal)
We have been 4 modelers and used his layout for testing and riding our models as well. Of course, coffee, tarts and later a meal and a beer had to be eliminated.

Hope you like the video of that meeting. (First part is a test ride with me new trailer)

Peter, who goes tomorrow to Hannover Wehmingen. Tramway museum with a lot of big tram and train model layouts.

Reactions: 1 users

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Peter, so many thanks for posting. The Old Gentleman certainly has a talent with Wood. Indeed all the Trams look and Sound good to me. Some more so perhaps with old Growler Motors? Sure your super Trams obtained many admiring glances. Nice to see that your artistic vids are a match for the great works of Terrence Cuneo. Rather like the concept of Eliminating Beer and a Meal, sounds so civilised to me.
JonD

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent! Nice to see something different..
I like the use of planting to hide the balloon loops, and the effective use of the long straight sections to gain height.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent videos and trams, and nice to see another aspect of garden railways.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Beautiful work. I really hear the term "Joiner" used. I am a member of The United Brotherhood of Carpenters & Joiners of Philadelphia. We don't even use the term.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Beautiful work. I really hear the term "Joiner" used. I am a member of The United Brotherhood of Carpenters & Joiners of Philadelphia. We don't even use the term.

How do then define the two that side of the pond?
Do they use the generic term 'Chippie' over there?

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
We consist of carpenters, cabinet makers, floor layers, millwrights, heavy & highway and trade show carpenters. I'm not familiar with the term, "Hippie".

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
We consist of carpenters, cabinet makers, floor layers, millwrights, heavy & highway and trade show carpenters. I'm not familiar with the term, "Hippie".

Dan

Not Hippie but Chippie as in chipping away at a piece of wood or a chip off the old block, etc.... It's a slang expression. A Hippie is what we all aspired to be back in the 60's .... man....

David

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Dan

Not Hippie but Chippie as in chipping away at a piece of wood or a chip off the old block, etc.... It's a slang expression. A Hippie is what we all aspired to be back in the 60's .... man....

David

Hm, I know I typed it in correctly. The spellcheck must have changed it as it did not recognize chippie.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
I prefer the chippies where you can get fried and battered fishies with them too (and a Gerkin) ;) Max

P.S. Thanks for posting the video. Some very talented model building there.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I prefer the chippies where you can get fried and battered fishies with them too (and a Gerkin) ;) Max

P.S. Thanks for posting the video. Some very talented model building there.

This short-cicuiter reminds me of a pickled gerkin! ..

Massive Muncher.JPG