DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I am completely new to G scale, I have arrived here after buying myself a bachmann tram for the garden tramway and I must say this scale has a lot going for it>

Can anyone please tell me if their is a supplier for tram parts in this or a not far off scale for underframe items, scratch aids etc., I will be re-motoring the bachmann tram and fitting it with a locoremote wifi control, what I'd also like to do is fit new truck sides, any advice on where to get parts would be appreciated, thanks.

David

FatherMcD

Registered
13 Mar 2014
Idaho
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hi David, welcome to G Scale! One of our members, dutchelm, posted about using the USAT NW2 motor block to re-motor a Bachmann trolley. The post was from October 2009. The pictures are no longer on the forum. Dutchelm has offered to send the article to other members and may be willing to email it directly to you if you request it. Regards, Ken

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, David. Yes this scale is a good scale to work with, mainly because you can see it! Dayffd? Is that the Welsh version of your name?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, there is a manufacturer in the Uk that makes G Scale Tram parts including bogies sideframes etc. Sady cannot find the link to their site, perhaps this will jog someones memory?

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks all, I hadn't appreciated Paul Coles produced a few G scale items, some bits ordered today. I'm glad I hadn't started scratch building anything yet.

If anyone does know of any further suppliers I'd appreciate the details, thanks.

David

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately, that link show a message : 403 Forbidden
I managed to view their website on my phone, being based in the US is a bit inconvenient while the UK settles down to the impacts of independence from Europe.
Some good options their though so I suspect they'll be getting some money from me at some point, thanks.

David

Reactions: 1 user

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
I second the suggestion of replacing the power block in the Bachmann trams. I have 'fixed' several of them, mostly due to melted brush gear which required a replacement motor - difficult to source at a reasonable price. I ended up buying a pair of USAT 45-tonner motor blocks and using them. I also have a tram engine with a Piko motor block which seems to be fine for now.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag

Reactions: 1 user

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, nice as they are, they are not particularly accurate regarding underframe and truck detail.

3 Trams together.jpg

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for all the suggestions. We have now moved house and once my wife decides the decorating that apparently wasn't but is now required is complete I can return to some modelling.
New truck side have arrived from KW and I have a couple of traction motors on order from Apple Tree models, unfortunately he has received some sub standard quality wheels so the new traction are delayed.
For vehicular control I am planning to use the locoremote system which looks quite good.

In the coming weeks I'll decide which Occre tram to get, this will be especially useful to help me visualise how to scratch build a Ringhoffer car.
It's all starting to happen, need to get some track ordered so I can test run cars.

David

Karljohnson555

Registered
22 Aug 2021
Memphis Tn
Best answers
Country flag
Good Afternoon and Greeting,

Light Rail Products; A few things, I am the owner of Light Rail Products. The web designer and I are no longer doing business. So, there are no web updates to speak of. At some point, it is my intent to update the whole thing, add products that are here on hand, andd limiate others that I can no longer source. I have kept the web site live (although it was off line for a few months several years ago). Now it is still up on the web.

What I cannot source or have on hand are the following items:

LRP # 010 Roof ends. I have not spoken to the manufacturer in years, so I am not sure i may / may not be able to get these.

LRP # 011 interurban fronts. Beyond the end roof section, I have several of the castings available

LRP # 022 Seats. I have a few available, but not many. If there is enough interest these could be cast.

LRP #203 + 206 reversing units. I have one #203 available, and two of the #206 multi stop ones. Old stock, but they should be OK. Split Jaw Clamp went out of business some years back.

LRP # 204 - A - C NWSL magic carpets. Maybe at some point the new owner of NWSL might be of help. I have not tried recently.

LRP # 300 - One left in stock.

LRP # 301 - 304 No longer in stock.

What I have done in the past, once an order is placed, I generally mail the products right a awy. I have never been burned.

Pricing, the current prices are good. Once I need to start to re - order, then it may change.

I have moved, I am no longer in California. I am in Memphis, Tn.

email, infolrp10@gmail.com Phone, although I prefer e mail is 650 762 4673. Please do not call the 355 number.

I have stock of most items, I am not sure if I will contnue. One of the down falls was the interest in LRP really dropped off, going to shows etc... was not the best time spent.

If LRP can be of healp, great.

Thank you

Karl J.