Train-line45 track.

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Train line track.
Looks very good alongside LGB and seems similar quality but the price is expected to be slightly lower. Looks good so far it will be interesting to see the first few point in service and how they fare.

http://www.train-line45.de/ < Link To www.train-line45.de

The R2 point, point motor separate.
3ecf7815.jpg

The blades looked a little proud when closed so it will be interesting to see how different makes run over this.
d854d72f.jpg

0760cd1e.jpg

Nice brass crossing.
f21c6323.jpg

Underneath
534d09b0.jpg

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Very interesting. I do like the idea of a "dead" metal frog with wiring tag already fitted underneath to make it a "live" frog if desired. Those who don't want to go to the trouble of fitting a frog polarity change switch don't have to, but those who do want the better slow running qualities of a live frog (and I'd include myself) don't have to go to the lengths of replacing the entire frog as we do with LGB pointwork.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Re:Train-line45 track.

PaulRhB said:

The blades looked a little proud when closed so it will be interesting to see how different makes run over this.

Nice points but I don't fancy trying my Bachmann or Accucraft locos over those points. they would derail everytime on the end of that blade. I doubt that my LGB Sachsen would cope either, it did the splits on an LGB R3.

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag

I had a Trainline R2 point on my line for around 12 months before the line was taken up.

Everything ran absolutely fine through it, no worries, and for the 12 months that it was left out it certainly appeared to be as robust as LGB track.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag

I've got a loop of their R2 curves and a few of their R2 and R3 points, some new from Glendale and some second-hand from Roly (55.5). None of it has been permanently laid yet, but some has been loose-laid out on the patio for a good few months now. Seems very good so far, everything I have tried runs well over it.

Jon.

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag

I've got three of their (well actually the US import Train-Li) R7 points and they're great. No probs at all.

Just installed three of their switch motors and they seem to do the job too.

The US importer, Axel at Train-Li, is a top guy with very good customer service.