Train Engineer Revolution Firmware update

rusty spike

Registered
4 Aug 2019
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi,

Has anyone on the forum carried out a firmware update to their Train Engineer Revolution 59001 transmitter up to V1.4?

Finescale Brass have offered to do this for me as the program won’t run on my Mac, but I would like to know if it’s worth sending the transmitter away to be done.

I would like to know if the function keys are able to be ‘unlatched’ with this version and if there are any other significant upgrades?

Please note I am NOT referring to transmitter 59000.

Thanks

Richard.

rusty spike

Registered
4 Aug 2019
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Greg,
I checked the site and there isn’t any relevant info. I have dropped them an email enquiry but still waiting for a reply. I asked them a similar question prior to purchasing the equipment last year and was told to ask the UK dealer...who told me to ask the manufacturer......
The kit works brilliantly, and I can’t fault it apart from being unable to unlatch F keys.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Whoops, it's there for the 59000 as you warned...

so on the site, the 59001 has a 1.14 update, not the 1.4 as you stated....

If you look carefully on the description, you will see it matches the verbiage for the 1.4 update on the 59000 ....

putting 2 and 2 together, seems the 1.4 and 1.14 updates are only the "deadrail" update.

Read the 1.4 update manual addendum page....

Greg

Last edited:

rusty spike

Registered
4 Aug 2019
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Greg,
I’ll sign in and check it out :)

rusty spike

Registered
4 Aug 2019
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the link! However I have just received a reply from the manufacturer to state that the F key unlatching is not compatible with DCC, but may be an option in the future :-(

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, looks like the only change is the addressing for dead rail (appears to be equating the loco id to the cab id) (why this is only for dead rail, hmmm)

A simplification of the mapping of loco id's to cabs.... (which is there mainly for consisting, I know, I was helping when this was invented)

Greg