Revolution Train Engineer-On Board Camera System CONFLICT!!

newboydave

G scale trains - no surprise there then!</br></br>
24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag
I operate my layout with the Aristocraft Revolution Train Engineer, and I have just purchased the Aristocraft/Crest On-Board Camera Kit (CRE56802UK) - and guess what - they don't work together!!!!

I'm a novice, so I didn't know that with the Revolution operating on 2.4G, and the camera also operating on that frequency, that they can not be used together.

I contacted Aristocraft who stated "we've had the camera for many years before the Revolution, so we forgot to add a warning.........sorry".

Not half as much as me, mate.

Fortunately, the person I purchased the camera kit from (Andrew @ Garden Railway Centres), has agreed to accept it's return. Top man - thanks Andrew.

POTENTIAL BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Anybody out there aware of an alternative minature camera kit that will not be in conflict with my 2.4G Revolution?

Eaglecliff

Registered
19 Jul 2010
Derby, England
Best answers
Country flag
One of our Group members turned up at an Open Day a couple of weeks ago with a neat little video camera which he acquired from the Internet for (as I recall) about £25-£30. Length of recording depends on size of memory card but he said picture quality is excellent. Look at Amazon, "Micro Video cameras". The first one on the list looks very similar but there are others. I hoped he would blu-tak it to a loco and show us the results, but we didn't get that far.
Good luck!