In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Fellow Model Train Enthusiasts!

I am having trouble finding a simple diesel sound system for my FA-1/FB-1 locomotives. Years ago I installed a P.H. Hobbies diesel sound system in my Santa Fe FA-1 and it performed well until today. I run DC track power (No DCC) and I need to know does anybody sell a simple old school diesel sound system for an Alco FA-1/FB-1 that is not DCC? Or has time just passed me by? I understand that DCC is superior but at this time I just want sound. Thanks. AJ

Even when I am having a bad day, my trains help me feel better.

AJtheTeacher

In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Sure, get a MLS (My Loco Sound) board, sold by "G Scale Graphics", one of the best non-DCC boards around with an active and responsive developer/manufacturer.

Greg
Thanks Greg! You are my hero! AJ

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
AJ appears to come up as Texas..

? Is that a different country to you, Greg? ;)

I know everything in Texas, is supposed to be bigger...
I just didn't realise Texas was that big!
:D

Reactions: 1 user

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Their President err... Governor thinks they are! Opps - political speak!:lipssealed:

AJtheTeacher

In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
The flag shows the UK...

And yes we know Texas thinks it's a different country.

Greg
Thanks for the links.

I am proud to be an American. But on a light hearted note. I taught U.S. History for 32 years and if I may point this out; Texas was it's own country from 1836-1846. But 1st I am an American and somewhere after that I am a Texan. I have no idea why the Union Jack is showing up. (Maybe because my 1st car was an MGB?) I would be happy to change it if I knew how. Thanks AJ

AJtheTeacher

In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I tried to change the flag! Thanks for pointing it out. AJ

FYI. It is okay if you guys pick on Texas or Texans. It is "interesting" being here......

Last edited:

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Fellow Model Train Enthusiasts!

I am having trouble finding a simple diesel sound system for my FA-1/FB-1 locomotives. Years ago I installed a P.H. Hobbies diesel sound system in my Santa Fe FA-1 and it performed well until today. I run DC track power (No DCC) and I need to know does anybody sell a simple old school diesel sound system for an Alco FA-1/FB-1 that is not DCC? Or has time just passed me by? I understand that DCC is superior but at this time I just want sound. Thanks. AJ

Even when I am having a bad day, my trains help me feel better.
At MyLocoSound, we develop and distribute low cost, easy to install soundcards. Each contains a selection of sounds including horns, engines, bells, turbos, etc. There is no programming. You can make your selections using a TV remote control. Our soundcards work with both battery power and analogue DC trackpower and we have the sounds to match your locomotive. Our web site is at www.mylocosound.com.

Our North American distributor is G Scale Graphics in Colorado. The contact there is Del Tapparo and I suggest that you email or call him to see what we can offer you.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

AJtheTeacher

In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
At MyLocoSound, we develop and distribute low cost, easy to install soundcards. Each contains a selection of sounds including horns, engines, bells, turbos, etc. There is no programming. You can make your selections using a TV remote control. Our soundcards work with both battery power and analogue DC trackpower and we have the sounds to match your locomotive. Our web site is at www.mylocosound.com.

Our North American distributor is G Scale Graphics in Colorado. The contact there is Del Tapparo and I suggest that you email or call him to see what we can offer you.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound
Thanks Peter! Thanks Everyone!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I tried to change the flag! Thanks for pointing it out. AJ

FYI. It is okay if you guys pick on Texas or Texans. It is "interesting" being here......
I think the flag is something to do with your internet provider - mine was showing that I lived in Ireland (the Irish Republic) for quite a while.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the links.

I am proud to be an American. But on a light hearted note. I taught U.S. History for 32 years and if I may point this out; Texas was it's own country from 1836-1846. But 1st I am an American and somewhere after that I am a Texan. I have no idea why the Union Jack is showing up. (Maybe because my 1st car was an MGB?) I would be happy to change it if I knew how. Thanks AJ
Yeah, I remember a line in a Johnny Cash song about the Alamo '.......................... while Texas is sovereign and free .. '

A bit like Norfolk I suppose :rofl::rofl::rofl:

AJtheTeacher

In Texas
2 May 2021
Magnolia Texas
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I think the flag is something to do with your internet provider - mine was showing that I lived in Ireland (the Irish Republic) for quite a while.
Thanks Rhinochugger. I would actually be very pleased if the flag for Ireland (The Irish Republic) were on my replies. My Father's family came from Ireland and our last name still has the O' at the beginning. (O'Brien, O'Connor, O'Malley, O'Reilly, etc.)

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Rhinochugger. I would actually be very pleased if the flag for Ireland (The Irish Republic) were on my replies. My Father's family came from Ireland and our last name still has the O' at the beginning. (O'Brien, O'Connor, O'Malley, O'Reilly, etc.)
O'Yes ;)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
O'Yebbut, back to basics ...........

The MLS sound card is a good'un :clap::clap:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I concur, the latest upgrades are even better than ever.