Track compatibility question

LGBrailfan

Registered
13 Mar 2024
Nashville, TN
Best answers
Country flag
Good morning! I'm a newby to Garden Railroading and am currently compiling track to begin my layout. Is the American Mainline G202-01 Code 332 Brass 6' Flex Track compatible with LGB 10600 track? Thank you for your time and help. Sincerely, Ken

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Good morning! I'm a newby to Garden Railroading and am currently compiling track to begin my layout. Is the American Mainline G202-01 Code 332 Brass 6' Flex Track compatible with LGB 10600 track? Thank you for your time and help. Sincerely, Ken
It is code 332, so it should be.

However, the foot of the rail might be different and you might need adaptor joiners.

I've not heard of this make of track before. Certainly not here in the U.K.....

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yep, as Gizzy says, the code is the height so the big issue is covered.

There are some minor differences in the base flange of the rail profiles between some manufacturers - not insurmountable but worth knowing before you get a surprise.

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I have bought some 50 ft of second hand AML stuff myself, back in May 2022, well at least it has AML spaced out on the sleepers, had no problems joining it to other 332 code rails, LGB, Aristocraft and Piko,
though I did have to open up the base on Bachmann fishplates when I have used to get them to fit, in the same way as the above makes.

Post 536 on page 27 of my Eighton Bahn Thread, shows a picture.

Last edited:

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
A word of caution about AML track.
My experience with it is; the sleepers/ties are not very UV stable the parts that hold the rail on mine crumbled after only a few years (they weren't substantial to start with).
I resorted to painting them with UV resistant paint to stop any further deterioration which seems to have worked.
I live in Australia with a high UV index for most of the year.

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
I agree with GAP. I had some and the sleeper/tie material just broke up after a very short time outside in Florida. For me, as I model narrow gauge prototype, the sleeper spacing was all wrong. I obtained a box of LGB ties and inserted the rail into that instead.

LGBrailfan

Registered
13 Mar 2024
Nashville, TN
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks everyone for all of your helpful input!!!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Ken, a piece of advice you haven't been given yet...Beware of the Humour!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Ken. Another ootion though with a considerably smaller rail height is Peco G track. They do do a linking converter fishplate to join the two types, 4ft radius (8ft diameter) points/switches plus R1 curves and short straits as well as yard length flex track.. I prefer the smaller size for more realistic look, I do however also use LGB, TrainLine45 and Aristo 332 track. All those 332 types join up with no issues so may be worth your while hunting for some pre used track, I have also used much of this with no issues whatsoever.