Track clips on R3 curves?

Edgar

Registered
13 May 2020
Tennessee
Best answers
Country flag
Should LGB track clips work on their R3 curves. They seem to work well enough on R1, R5, and straight sections; but appear to be too short for R3’s. D25AFA60-F2EF-4E34-A4A6-3EF10387D34F.jpeg

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I had the same issue with R3, and gave up on them.

Edgar

Registered
13 May 2020
Tennessee
Best answers
Country flag
I had the same issue with R3, and gave up on them.
Thank you. I thought that maybe a different part number or modification might be available.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Try a suitably coloured cable tie

Edgar

Registered
13 May 2020
Tennessee
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you for your responses. For the time being, my track floats on decking boards. This is working ok for three months now. But when the warning comes of grand sons visiting; I have some small black cable ties to utilize at potential hazard crossings. Thank you for the idea.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
My previous layout was R1/R2 double track, and I used these 'dog-bones' (as I like to call them) on all the curves to stop them pulling apart.

On my new layout, I have used some R3 LGB (and ART), and although I noticed the larger gap, I've used rail-clamps so I haven't had the issue.

The only instance I've use the dog-bones on my current layout, is to hold track together where I've installed the (yellow) LGB isolator joiners....

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
My previous layout was R1/R2 double track, and I used these 'dog-bones' (as I like to call them) on all the curves to stop them pulling apart.

On my new layout, I have used some R3 LGB (and ART), and although I noticed the larger gap, I've used rail-clamps so I haven't had the issue.

The only instance I've use the dog-bones on my current layout, is to hold track together where I've installed the (yellow) LGB isolator joiners....
I have taken to using "split-jaw" type insulated connectors, in place of the yellow isolating connectors.

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
If track is for temporary use, use velcro to keep every thing together. I have black 1/2 inch pieces that work great.

Edgar

Registered
13 May 2020
Tennessee
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you. The cable ties and Velcro are great ideas for material that I have here. I hope to see a time with rail joiners and more track.

Edgar

Registered
13 May 2020
Tennessee
Best answers
Country flag
If track is for temporary use,
Yes Dan, the track is temporary. If temporary means this summer or five years only time will define. When we put the track outside (the first of March) I mentioned the ditch and gravel method of track laying and younger son said ‘why bother, you’ll just change it or move it.’ The changes seem to be weekly so far.