Today At The Cfr.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Stanley waiting at Priory Interchange as Casey Jones soars by with the afternoon express.image.jpeg Stanley waiting at Priory Interchange Station.image.jpeg I've taken advantage of the clement weather this week to do a little track realignment and remove two points that were causing a few problems. A new temporary platform and some spare buildings have been pressed into service. A new concrete platform will be laid once the winter frost have gone. The new station will be named Priory Interchange and a footbridge will link the station to Priory Exchange station.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
This side has been exposed to direct sunlight over the past 17 yearsimage.jpeg This side normally faces the signalbox.image.jpeg The effects of natural weathering on LGB stock. The area needs a complete clear up as well.

Reactions: 1 users

simon@mgr

Aviation, model engineering & all things technical
25 Oct 2009
Gold Coast, QLD, The Land Downunder
Best answers
Country flag
It looks pretty good, consider the amount of time it has been there.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Paul, it's looking good with your new buildings, very impressive :)

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I do like that chimney.. :)

Is it the Modeltown offering?

Philp.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Coming together well Casey:clap:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Jimmy. I tried to put captions to the pictures, but mu keyboard on the iPad disappeared.
Aha working with pictures on the iPad can be a bit of fun. What I tend to do is some text then upload the pictures, but leave them down below. Then I add each picture one by one adding 3 returns between each one. This then gives you space to add text between each picture. Note though there is an insert all option, but as you scroll down the full image for each one is below that by each picture.

Your keypad should re-appear as you put your cursor where you can enter text. If you do not the keypad stays hidden.

Hope this helps Paul.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Casey, very nice, I hope the statues are not of anybody controversial ;)
Certainly controversial to some, they are Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, German Writer and Friedrich Schiller, German Poet and Philosopher.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
The Gaffer of the locomotive shed is not very happy. Two locomotives were taken into the CFR workshop for a complete overhaul and repaint. The overhaul was carried out satisfactory but the paint shop guys decided to cut a few corners so that they could get to the Friday dwarfs match.
They decided to repaint the locomotives without first removing the accumulated dirt and rust from them. They then sent them back to the locomotive shed without the paint shop foreman seeing them:-
74C0FA3F-7891-467D-899F-00FDE8F7346C.jpeg707BB085-6790-467D-8020-53E9B34EE721.jpeg

Engines #8 and #9 heading back to the locomotive shed.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
... the paint shop guys decided to cut a few corners so that they could get to the Friday dwarfs match.
They decided to repaint the locomotives without first removing the accumulated dirt and rust from them. They then sent them back to the locomotive shed without the paint shop foreman seeing them:-
A firing offence, surely?

Reactions: 1 user