Today At The Cfr.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I love this railway! The pway looks very realistic. Got to be honest, im not keen on the sightseeing coach, but the rest of the Field Railway stock looks great.

I have several of those sightseeing coaches. Visitors always ask me if they are a circus train.....:mad:.....

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
I love this railway! The pway looks very realistic. Got to be honest, im not keen on the sightseeing coach, but the rest of the Field Railway stock looks great.
If I'm honest Duncan I'm not overly keen on them either. However our junior visitors like them immensely.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
We had a number of visitors today from the GCR who bought along a couple of locomotives and coaches.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
That's a nice healthy load of skips!

Jotom

Registered
7 Mar 2016
York
Best answers
Country flag
Lovely pictures, brilliant railway.

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag

trammayo

24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Skips now stand at 21 Mick:).

I've always had a soft spot for skip wagons. I remember - as a child - abandoned ones from old quarries in, and around Post Hill. The latter was famous for its' motorcycle hill climbs. I actually fabricated a new skip body for a Hudson Jubilee truck once (2ft gauge - regauged to 20") and it was very useful for moving ballast. I was given a cut down chassis from the Darlington Insulator & Chemical Co who used it as a maintenance trolley.
Both items are now preserved (I hope).

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
I've always had a soft spot for skip wagons. I remember - as a child - abandoned ones from old quarries in, and around Post Hill. The latter was famous for its' motorcycle hill climbs. I actually fabricated a new skip body for a Hudson Jubilee truck once (2ft gauge - regauged to 20") and it was very useful for moving ballast. I was given a cut down chassis from the Darlington Insulator & Chemical Co who used it as a maintenance trolley.
Both items are now preserved (I hope).

Any pictures Mick?

trammayo

24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Any pictures Mick?

I should have some of the Jubilee truck - trouble is, Win 10 update has wiped out some of my PC's capabilities - cannot scan in at the moment (although it will allow me to print). I think Microsoft needs a proper users guide to define improvements or updates (similar to the alternative definitions of instructions in Haynes Manuals!)

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, Haynes manuals.. :rolleyes:;)
To change clutch:
1. With finger and thumb, remove engine..

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

trammayo

24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, Haynes manuals.. :rolleyes:;)
To change clutch:
1. With finger and thumb, remove engine..

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yep! I've just put a link to alternative Haynes instructions on the Coffee Lounge.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I should have some of the Jubilee truck - trouble is, Win 10 update has wiped out some of my PC's capabilities - cannot scan in at the moment (although it will allow me to print). I think Microsoft needs a proper users guide to define improvements or updates (similar to the alternative definitions of instructions in Haynes Manuals!)
Oh dear, that Win 10 appears to be the work of the devil, judging by your experience and that of some on the post about it. Hope you get it resolved.

Have a bit of a Wagon myself, dragged out of a Lake called Newmiller Dam near Wakefield. Was a Wooden Chassis with wheels of 18in Gauge. Wood has mostly decomposed now, one of the Axles Broken but still in part with me. Always meant to build a body for it to display Plants in. When my roundtoit appears I might do it after first getting the Broken Wheel Welded.

Meanwhile as ever Casey has great fun on his line. Loads of Skips and lovely Roundhouse Battery Diesels.
JonD

trammayo

24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Oh dear, that Win 10 appears to be the work of the devil, judging by your experience and that of some on the post about it. Hope you get it resolved.

Have a bit of a Wagon myself, dragged out of a Lake called Newmiller Dam near Wakefield. Was a Wooden Chassis with wheels of 18in Gauge. Wood has mostly decomposed now, one of the Axles Broken but still in part with me. Always meant to build a body for it to display Plants in. When my roundtoit appears I might do it after first getting the Broken Wheel Welded.

Meanwhile as ever Casey has great fun on his line. Loads of Skips and lovely Roundhouse Battery Diesels.
JonD

I know New Miller Dam! I wonder about the origins of that little truck - sound interesting.

I like the pic in Post 27 Paul - a very busy scene!

Can't find any pics but ..... I have asked someone to take a couple of shots! If they do, I'll post them. Sorry for going at a tangent.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I know New Miller Dam! I wonder about the origins of that little truck - sound interesting.

I like the pic in Post 27 Paul - a very busy scene!

Can't find any pics but ..... I have asked someone to take a couple of shots! If they do, I'll post them. Sorry for going at a tangent.
The guys that fished it out said that there were more if I wanted them. But only had space for one then.

I have the prelimenary draft for the Industrial Railways of West Yorkshire and there was a Colliery at Ryhill that has a supposed Gauge of 1'10.5 inches. This had an overland Tramway (possibly Horse or Cable worked) from a Wharfe near Royston and Notton Station North East for a Mile or so. The Wharf was on the Air and Calder Canal. This puts if within a nats distance of Newmiller Dam. I wonder if the Gauge of this Tramway has been lost in the midst of time and my little Tram remenants are from that little line. Intriguing. Newmiller Dam would be around a Mile North of the Royston Wharfe so I wonder when the Tramway ceased to be, did some scrappy sell the little Trams to assist with the perhaps some Maintenance of the Dam. I just went out to measure the Gauge of the Wheels and as far as I can make out they are indeed 18inch Gauge.

A little Industrial Archeology and research is just what I need after waking up at 4am!
JonD

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users