Theft of locos

400Parker

Registered
18 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
This message was posted on the 16mm Association e-group by Phil Carey.

"My elderly friend, a fellow member of the Association, has recently suffered a burglary in which all his 16mm locos were stolen (along with family silver plate, jewelery, etc.) but none of the radio transmitters.

In the unlikely event that these are offered for sale I have listed the locos below:

Roundhouse Gas-fired and radio controlled :

1. Vale of Rheidol in unlined green - fairly new
2. 'Taliesin' - lined Red
3. Lady Anne "Blakebrook" - lined Green

Battery locos radio-controlled :

4. Accucraft Bagguley painted green with metal chassis and sound card
5. Essel Chattenden "Brookfield" red with sound card
6. Brandbright Peldon green "Emily Jane" ;
7. Scratchbuilt plastic and metal Penrhyn Linda-type with tender "Dafyd" green
8. Kitbuilt (?) card tank loco "No.7 Terence Harrington" blue

Please forward this message to any dealers you may have contact with.

Happy Christmas!

Phil Carey"

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Do we know in which part of the country the theft occurred? Might help us to keep an eye on local auction houses and secondhand shops.

The frustrating thing is that whoever stole them probably has no idea of their real value and so will sell them on for next to nothing. However, the encouraging thing is that the potential market for this stuff is among a fairly close-knit community and so it might well be that they are offered so someone with scruples.

Rik

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
Best answers
Country flag
A couple of those locos are more unusual so should be easy to spot if they go on ebay and can't think wherelese they could easily dispose of them.

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
In the event of anything turning up, is there a police contact number / crime number ?

Enginehouse

Amateur Radio, 16mm/G scale railways
24 Oct 2009
Peterborough
Best answers
I have just copied the thread's originating post to Garden Railway Forum (2007) and also across several of our chat rooms. Not that a cut and paste directly off the forum using an IPhone is a wonderful experience by any means :-X

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
SPOTTED on EBAY-Theft of locos

Not sure who to tell, but I've just spotted a Taliesen, a Lady Ann, and the Chatterten loco come on ebay with the same loco names as mentioned in this post... All from the same seller. I hope the rightful owner can get them back.

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
The seller is steptoesyard4

Link to one of the loco's http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roundhouse-Live-Steam-Engine-16mm-SM32-Radi-wbr-o-Control-/191475768739?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

sparky230

Registered
29 Mar 2011
Northfleet
Best answers
Would suggest that this is a Police Matter incase they are the same locos

DoctorM

Interests: Manifold
2 Jan 2011
SE London
Best answers
Country flag

DoctorM

Interests: Manifold
2 Jan 2011
SE London
Best answers
Country flag
Probably best for someone from the 16mm fraternity to phone the Hereford Constabulary then - I presume there is already a crime report number for this

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
I had also spoken to the 16mm association chairman who has now been in touch with Phil Carey (the original poster from the 16mm egroup) and they are handling it.

jeremy.viewing

Registered
15 Aug 2014
Souldrop
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
If you look at the sellers listing for these engines, there are contact details under "Business seller information" giving his full name address and contact phone number.

As we recently had some of our stolen items appear on ebay we contacted the police theft was originally reported to and insisted they were retrieved. We had to go as high as the deputy Chief Constable with the help of our local Borough Councillor to get any action in the end.

But please note! it is important to do this before the listing ends as in our case the Northamptonshire Police's attitude was that it was difficult to retrieve an item once it had been sold, as the ebay buyer was acting in good faith.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Hopefully someone in the know has bid.

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
hopefully he has paid with paypal and can get his money back

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
I see that the Vale of Rhediol has sold as well on completed listings , you would think that if the seller is aware that they are stolen he would end the listings on the others .

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
yes look like he has swapped the names about,,

what a f**kinn dullard

be nice to see them recovered,, said there from a house clearance

and one has remote control without the controller,,, that should be proof enough when the owner turns up with it

SpudUk

Registered
14 Mar 2014
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Best answers
Still selling - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roundhouse-Live-Steam-Engine-16mm-SM32-Radio-Control-/191475765939?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2c94d852b3

Beddhist

Motorcycle travel, trains
16 Oct 2013
Glenbervie, NZ
beddha.free.fr
Best answers
Country flag
If I was the owner I would pay the shop a visit with some proof in hand. Chances are the shop is unaware they are selling stolen goods. Chances are also that the "enthusiast" who sold them the lot cannot be contacted. That will leave them out of pocket...

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
andyspencer said:
I had also spoken to the 16mm association chairman who has now been in touch with Phil Carey (the original poster from the 16mm egroup) and they are handling it.

Thanks Andy, I had managed to get Phil's telephone (thanks Tag) number after seeing your original post but could not get through to him.