The new shed and its Consequences

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
About last october The st Margrets and Dimchurch lost use of its storage facility, namely the dinning room, Something to do with Christmas Dinner and family coming, i dont know !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway plans were submited and approved, Favours cashed in for materials, Weather was dry, building commenced and one week later the move was made.... complete with power, light, heat, and lots of lovely shelves,
TA DA.....
shed005.jpg

Yes i know the leanto needs finishing but it was an adition during construction and i ran our of shiplap
It is now i must point out that I had been entirly happy with the "Railway" and had built in a hatch for trains to run in and out but as my Line was single track due to the presents of a Bl.....dy great tree stump and trains run in one direction only, The single track into the shed ment reversing trains onto the mainline, and this bugged me all winter, spending hours working out different ways to over come the problem

shed004.jpg

In the end I kept returning to the same conclusion i had to have a double track on my top loop and a pair of points to switch to the inside as soon as a train left the shed Which ment ripping up everthing that was there before
shed017.jpg

So putting it off no longer Yesterday and today have seen a total redesign and guess what its a lot better unfortunatly it means i had to use Rad 2 curves for the inner loop so the mallet is stuck on the outside but a price worth paying i think
Still got all the wiring to redo for the isolating sections and of course now the top bit is different and trains run in opersite directions the rest of the railway needs altering to suit more on that another time in the mean time here are so photos of the Shed
shed030.jpg

shed031.jpg

shed001.jpg

And heres one to finish its the new layout of the station and the proposed platforms with red arrows showing the direction of travel

shed019ed.jpg

The twoway arrow top left goes around the top bend but also to and from the shed so trains have pass onto the inner loop pronto

The bottom left arrow goes down onto the bottom loop return via left hand track

The two way arrow on the right is now a branch line especaily for the Flying purple burger that will be on its way from Gizzy that will shuttle back and forth from its own platform down to the house and back
Lets hope the pictures load ok
Tony

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag
That looks excellent, I love the shed. I bet you have much better operating pleasure with two loops running now.

GrahamMills

Many & various. In G scale it is American Diesel.
25 Oct 2009
Lizard, Cornwall, UK
Best answers
Any chance of a disgram of the track layout, even not to scale.
I am interested in how you avoid any backing out of the shed.

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Graham you are so going to regret asking that question lol but i thank you any way on this quick diagram everything in
Blue...... is what was
Orange..... is pair of points a train goes over after coming out of the shed to get on to the inner loop ( it means a short hop in the wrong direction on the outer loop but !!!!!!!!!!
Yellow...... is the excisting line that goes down to the ground level and around the pond before returning up the up ramp on to the top loop..... it is also the way of a train facing the right way to reenter the shed
Black is all the new line mainly to the inner loop.
I havent shown any sidings or branch lines or the old layout of the station but you can see that if you click on my you tube
Sorry that came out a bit small
1900df3bab154e2b941457d1afc8cc27.jpg

I hope thats resonably clear but please ask if i havnt explained it very well

Cheers Tony

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
B****y hell Tony that shed is a whopping great improvement. Well done, I am very very envious!
Good to see the double trackage in place of single.
Nice one!

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
beavercreek said:
B****y hell Tony that shed is a whopping great improvement. Well done, I am very very envious!
Good to see the double trackage in place of single.
Nice one!
Thank you kind sir still aways to go but we try
Tony

GrahamMills

Many & various. In G scale it is American Diesel.
25 Oct 2009
Lizard, Cornwall, UK
Best answers
Thanks Tony that is very clear.
The run around the pond is effectively a reversing loop.
That may give me some ideas.

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
St margets and Dimchurch

Haven.t updated for a while so here are a few pics of progress first as shown elswhere we have a Tunnel entrance
037-1.jpg

042-1.jpg

Should weather down nicely
But also a gravel works has been installed to give a reason to run ore wagons, The quarry produces ballest for supplying the local rail network It is situated on the line that runs Through Dimchurch town (to be built) and includes a loop on which the ore loco and tippers endlessly run around seperate from the main lines, i still need to build a convayor from the mine entrance to the wagons and fencing should help with the overal apperance
015-9.jpg

018-6.jpg

Planks have arrived for the Construction for a new tea room

022-5.jpg

The Top wood yard is coming along
026-4.jpg

027-5.jpg

029-4.jpg

And lastly a couple of over view shots of the top of the garden
031-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Re:St margets and Dimchurch

There are certainly changes afoot over at the StM&D. I like the developments of the quarry Tony...now where have I seen a spiralling gravelworks line before........................8|

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers

Yes ok yours gave me the insperation to get it done but it was a thought from a while ago, what really did it was your little selfcontained areas that work seperatly all i need now are some large lumps of granite
"Imitation is the sincerest form etc...............

Tony

beavercreek said:
There are certainly changes afoot over at the StM&D. I like the developments of the quarry Tony...now where have I seen a spiralling gravelworks line before........................8|

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers

TONY.. wow tht is so interesting on minin with oye tipper cars!!...i likes it!!

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag

Tony said:
Yes ok yours gave me the insperation to get it done but it was a thought from a while ago, what really did it was your little selfcontained areas that work seperatly all i need now are some large lumps of granite
"Imitation is the sincerest form etc...............

I know that you had the idea long ago as well.....great minds think alike....fools seldom...........