The Last Straw (for my cattle wagons that is)

D

Deleted member 1986

Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I am looking for a good representation of chopped up sugar cane for my cane wagons.
I have looked at sacrificing an old millet straw broom but then SWMBO would have to walk every where.

Now ducking for cover and donning tin hat and flack jacket awaiting incoming. :mask: :mask: :mask:
It was not me your honour honest. :sweating: :sweating:

We found an old-type broom like that in a corner of the garage.... my comment to the Memsahib was "Oh, I see your Mother's left her bike here...."
Amazingly, I'm still alive and still have all body parts attached..... :devil:

Jon.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
We found an old-type broom like that in a corner of the garage.... my comment to the Memsahib was "Oh, I see your Mother's left her bike here...."
Amazingly, I'm still alive and still have all body parts attached..... :devil:

Jon.
And still haven't yet been turned into a frog....

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Now, without being too contentious, I hope, I wonder if anyone has modeled the cattle wagons used in WW2 to ferry PoWs, and other extremem unfortunates. Not as working models, but perhaps in a museum somewhere, as a reminder....? They probably WOULDN'T have had straw.
Just a little thing, in the Film Dr Zhvigo (bet I spelt that wrong) there was a scene where a POW was Shoveling out Straw from the Van the resettled people were travelling in on a trio to presumably Siberia.

Nice job on the Wagons. Straw looks fine, think with a bit of tweeking might be OK for Sugar Cane too.
JonD

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
dig 150523009 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users