pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
As some of you who read all of this wonderful forum will know I have moved down the street and no longer have a garden. Consequently I sent an offer to a well known purveyor of G to buy my collection. He has replied in the positive (thank goodness) but wants to know about the gear I listed as repainted or weathered, especially who did the weathering (me) and to what quality (ah, erm), seeing as I took the photos for him I thought I would post them here for the rest of you to giggle at :D
You will obviously note the change I made from paintbrushes to an airbrush plus the fact that I managed to take all 20 photos at a slant :-

LGB 2090.jpg

LGB 3020.jpg

LGB 4010 damaged.jpg

LGB 4010.jpg

LGB 4011.jpg

LGB 4021.jpg

LGB 4040S.jpg

LGB 4033.jpg

LGB 4042.jpg

LGB 4044.jpg

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
LGB 42860.jpg

LGB 43210.jpg

LGB 94007.jpg

LGB 94259 generator load.jpg

LGB 94259 no load.jpg

LGB 94259 pipe load.jpg

LGB 94306.jpg

LGB Toytrain.jpg

Piko BR80.jpg

Train 757-5806.jpg

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Nice. I hope he paid you a decent rate,

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
That's up for discussion, I only sent the CD with the piccies today. There is of course an awful lot of locos and stock that didn't get painted, plus LGB track, EPL electrics, scenics, Preiser people etc etc, but I don't think I will come out too badly even though he has to come and fetch the stuff.

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag
Personally I think you did an excellent weathering job, must be hard to let it all go though.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
nicebutdim said:
must be hard to let it all go though.
Let me give you SWMBO's mobile number... :eek:
Actually the hardest was when she saw the grey Corpet in the hall and said 'Oooh, that's a nice train'. Only been after the damned thing for years and finally got it a couple of months ago. Aaaaaargh :mad:

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
Great weathering Ian, tis a great shame that your selling up though.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
The weathering looks fine to me. As for the slope, I had the same problem with my previous digital camera (but NOT the one before it or any of my film cameras), so when I found that my latest camera - a refurbished Fuji X20 - had an artificial horizon I was more than pleased.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, the slope. I plead laziness M'lud, I set up the background on my desk with a light to one side and a window on the other, I then attached my camera to the tripod (which has three spirit levels I think) and never checked the straightness, exposure and DoF yeah, but the level? Nah ::)

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Well, you could always keep the Corpet as a shelf queen! ;)

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
You wouldn't believe how tempted I am, in fact I measured up a likely spot whilst SWMBO wasn't looking. But no, it all has to go.
I got an email back from the prospective buyer (a dealer) who is looking forward to seeing the CD I sent but warns me that most customers want factory fresh stock. :-[

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Very sorry to hear you're having to sell everything, Puggy.... hope you get a decent offer for it all. I understand that it will be much easier to let one dealer buy the lot, especially with the cost of shipping it, but if the offer you get is too low then what about offering at least the higher-value pieces on the sales forum here? Or is that all too much hassle, and it all has to go now?

Jon.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
You got it in one Jon, the sheer volume of everything from electrics to scenics would mean a logistical nightmare in getting it all to the post plus the problem of what to do with the odds and ends that wouldn't get sold. Therefore I am taking the easier route and let someone who is used the these things sort it out. I only posted pictures of the stock that I repainted and weathered, there is an awful lot more that didn't get a chance to be mauled :D

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
I am with PhilP regarding the Corpet. You waited a while for it, your wife likes it and it would be a nice memento of your railroading days.

I am not a fan of LGB but the Corpet is a loco I do like plus the SNCF 141R.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry you are giving it up and yes the dealers do like clean and boxed,,,but on the other hand there are some of us that will buy 2nd hand weathered bits as we freelance so will probably change it anyway,quite a few items on my railroad were souced that way ;) ;)one other thing Mr Paintwash,oops Pugwash,you may not be running anymore but don't forget us all,stay in touch y'hear, ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The Tinker

Every day I wake up is a good day
6 Feb 2014
Whangamata New Zealand
Country
New-Zealand
Best answers
Country flag
You could keep the Copet and a few bits off your favourite stock. Convert to battery and Rc and use them on other peoples layouts when you visit. I don't have any line down at moment, I visit a different layout in our club each month and run my trains, works Ok. Swmbo goes shopping, works well.