Teddy Boston's final fling

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
I found this online: Cadeby Light Railway The Final Fling - YouTube
I guess we all want to be Teddy Boston on some level. Interesting to see some large-scale models, including a very skeletal 16mm circuit with an early Roundhouse and a Mamod showing the difference in control between the two models!

Brixham

No buffers were hurt at this sign
27 Aug 2010
Best answers
Country flag
The G around 1’35 is being run by a couple of GSS 3CAG members. Looks like they are using mts.

Malcolm

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I guess we all want to be Teddy Boston on some level. Interesting to see some large-scale models, including a very skeletal 16mm circuit with an early Roundhouse and a Mamod showing the difference in control between the two models!
Another man of the cloth who was a railway fan - but no closet fan, he loved steam and railways.

There was a TV programme about him - his wife told how she made him get some black shoes for the wedding, otherwise he'd have turned up in sandals or slippers :D:D

Much loved by his parishioners as well :clap::clap:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Trundled up and down that short demo track a few times during the 2 trios I made to Cadeby. Wonderful place and a supremely eccentric likable character was Teddy. Uploaded in 2009 so the MTS likely was Serial and early Radio by the looks of it.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
MTS is the 'red' LGB early DCC system..

Originally commands were sent serially, so to send the command for function 3 (say) the system sent the '1' command three times..

PhilP

Reactions: 1 user

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
There was a TV programme about him - his wife told how she made him get some black shoes for the wedding, otherwise he'd have turned up in sandals or slippers :D:D
According to a reliable source another enthusiast considered hitching an organ behind his Burrell showman's engine, and turning up outside the church to play entry of the the gladiators!