Station platform substitute.

van5

Talyllyn Railway. I of M, Old Land Rovers
24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
Is there a cheaper station platform than the super LGB50340?

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Pola & Piko do platform sections but they don't butt right up to the rail like LGB do.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Upvc sofit bord
The thing your gutters hang off...makes a weatherproof platform..20180925_153532.jpg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Plus you can get it in longer lengths, saves lots of joints

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
But if you want a Track Level one then 2-3 mm Perspex works just fine with a little spraying and coal dust.image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Is there a cheaper station platform than the super LGB50340?

I have some that I no longer plan to use if you don't mind good second hand. I'll do some pics and post them, but it may be a week or so as things are at the moment.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I have some that I no longer plan to use if you don't mind good second hand. I'll do some pics and post them, but it may be a week or so as things are at the moment.
If anyone has the PIKO equivalent, I could use a couple....

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
I look forward with great interest, Derek Allen(Van 5)

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I look forward with great interest, Derek Allen(Van 5)

I've had a root around and found 18 pieces, 12 of the side platforms and six of the centre sections. There may be some more somewhere. I'd describe them as very good condition apart from three side pieces, two of which have the one of the little prongs damaged and one which has two of them damaged. However, they are all perfectly usable.

I'll try and take some photos tomorrow and send you them by PM.

According to all the dealers, there are 12 pieces per set, which I would take to be eight side sections and four centre ones, but all the pictures ahow 10 pieces, eight side ones and two centre ones.

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
I've had a root around and found 18 pieces, 12 of the side platforms and six of the centre sections. There may be some more somewhere. I'd describe them as very good condition apart from three side pieces, two of which have the one of the little prongs damaged and one which has two of them damaged. However, they are all perfectly usable.

I'll try and take some photos tomorrow and send you them by PM.

According to all the dealers, there are 12 pieces per set, which I would take to be eight side sections and four centre ones, but all the pictures ahow 10 pieces, eight side ones and two centre ones.
Good Day Sir.
Don't bother with the pics. It has taken me two years to rebuild my garden layout where I was let down by a wood supplier, in my 81st year time is valuable. Please send me forty pounds worth. Regards, Derek (Van5)