Station finally gets it's nameboard

AlanL

Registered
1 Mar 2016
Northampton
Best answers
Country flag
Earlier this year I started my 'less lawn, more railway project' where I gained an extra metre of railway land at the expense of the lawn. This will be the final expansion to the railway ????
It followed the previous years conversion to double tracking both the lines around the garden that allowed the addition of an extra passing loop.
Less lawn more railway.jpg

The new loop has enabled a new station halt and an area for industry and other buildings, the first building is the station. It also enabled a roadway to be included to join up with the rest of the railway infastructure.
Less lawn more railway 2.jpg
The roads crossing the tracks have been improved since this photo was taken !

108 at Patteo.jpg

One thing was missing - station name. Now we are in the winter season and no trains are running, I have managed to complete the building with the addition of a station name.
Patteo 2.jpg

The builing was built using foamboard. I have tried other materials and I must say that foamboad is the most satisfying material to work with. The outer walls are clad using strips of styrene and the doors and windows are from Jacksons. The roof was aluminium composite and the dimensions were tricky but by using a CAD programe the sizes were an exact fit.

IMG_20210409_144606896.jpg

IMG_20210408_114913063.jpg

I have plans to build a variety buildings in this area so that it looks busy and deserves it's own station.

I've also built this large factory building with a passing visitors loco that fills the space behind the tracks.
P1070235.JPG

Many thanks to many members of this forum.
Thanks to Mike, ge_rik and Riograndad for their inspiration and special thanks to ge_rik and his website for his excellent helpful descriptions of model building.

Alan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Earlier this year I started my 'less lawn, more railway project' where I gained an extra metre of railway land at the expense of the lawn. This will be the final expansion to the railway ????
It followed the previous years conversion to double tracking both the lines around the garden that allowed the addition of an extra passing loop.
View attachment 293482

The new loop has enabled a new station halt and an area for industry and other buildings, the first building is the station. It also enabled a roadway to be included to join up with the rest of the railway infastructure.
View attachment 293483

View attachment 293484

One thing was missing - station name. Now we are in the winter season and no trains are running, I have managed to complete the building with the addition of a station name.
View attachment 293485

The builing was built using foamboard. I have tried other materials and I must say that foamboad is the most satisfying material to work with. The outer walls are clad using strips of styrene and the doors and windows are from Jacksons. The roof was aluminium composite and the dimensions were tricky but by using a CAD programe the sizes were an exact fit.

View attachment 293486

View attachment 293487

I have plans to build a variety buildings in this area so that it looks busy and deserves it's own station.

I've also built this large factory building with a passing visitors loco that fills the space behind the tracks.
View attachment 293488

Thanks to Mike, ge_rik and Riograndad for their inspiration and special thanks to ge_rik and his website for his excellent helpful descriptions of model building.

Alan
Thanks for the feedback, Alan. Glad my online mutterings have proved useful - though you have taken my ideas to an impressive new level. Your railway looks great!

Rik

AlanL

Registered
1 Mar 2016
Northampton
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback, Alan. Glad my online mutterings have proved useful - though you have taken my ideas to an impressive new level. Your railway looks great!

Rik
It's taken nearly 30 years to get to this stage!

Will it ever be finished?

Is any railway finished?

Alan

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
View attachment 293482

View attachment 293483

View attachment 293484

View attachment 293485

View attachment 293486

View attachment 293487

View attachment 293488

Alan
Nice work ! Does the driver of the Woody know he/she is heading for a brick wall.....:giggle: