stainz 2020 Lights

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Can you be more specific? I have 4 brown versions, The more orange brown one, never been able to match, but the lighter choc brown one, I touched up with something I found in games workshop

Hi Ian,
Actually, 'my bad' (I had not looked at this one for a while)..
I had thought the cab was damaged, but other than the whistle, a 'lifting eye' on the roof and the black lump up the front of the cab, main body is fine.

Valve gear is another matter.. This was a 'shelf-queen', and succumbed to gravity!
LHS back-end of slide-bar is broken, the LHS vertical motion bracket is broken. The LHS 'open with coal' bunker top, the filler funnel, the broken front buffer etc. have all been 'glued' in the past. - Much with an adhesive which has gone brown and crusty with age (almost looks like rust!).
Metal con-rods, all riveted, so a real pain to sort out , I reckon??
No number on the underside, and a clam-shell motor-block.
Wiring in the cab is a bit of a mess, but then was very basic on a model of this vintage.
Very little (if any) wear to wheels and skates. - I do not think it has ever been run.
Slot-head, silver self-tappers holding it together..

DSC01350.JPG

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I don't think I've ever seen that particular variant before...... yours, Phil, or a repair job for someone else?

Jon.

sparky230

Registered
29 Mar 2011
Northfleet
Best answers
I have that, the green version and the Red version, and the matching coaches for all 3, EDIT looked in spares box I have all the bits to rebuild that block Phil

Last edited:

sparky230

Registered
29 Mar 2011
Northfleet
Best answers
Schweiger0001.jpg

There the other 2 versions Commissed by the Schweiger Toy Company

sparky230

Registered
29 Mar 2011
Northfleet
Best answers
IMG_20170403_181044[1].jpg
Think this is what you need phil

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I don't think I've ever seen that particular variant before...... yours, Phil, or a repair job for someone else?

Jon.

A repair job..
There were two, which had fallen from a high shelf.. This one hit something on the way down, so was deflected. Hence the damage to the motion..
The other was 'simpler' to repair.. It hit a flagstone floor, and the cab had shattered / split apart.. I managed to get a good body from a newish Stainz where the motor-block had been robbed for another job.