dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
The last picture of Post #2 showed the Goods Shed. I made a start on the Low Relief replacement today. This will again be a Characature of the original.

1st Pic shows the orrible one that has done service for a Year or two, together with the start of the new one and Tools used. Again I will be using 5mm HIPS scribed with trusty old Coffee Stirers for the Woodwork. A Plasticard Door will also be made.image.jpeg
This picture below shows my Scribe Lines for the Brickwork Horizontals, Pencil for the Vertical Brickwork and Woodwork. Looks a bit busy but will make sence as I work on.
image.jpeg
The Yellow Screwdriver does the Vertical Brick Lines. A few everyday gets the job done.
JonD

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I was so impressed with Jamie’s work on his station that yesterday I decided to have a little go at some messy detail. Most Stations appear to have a mass of wiring out side, Alexisbad is no different so this is my starter for 10 copying on from Jamie‘s inspiration.

Job was done using a little bit of 40 thou plasticard to make the box with some very fine Brass insulated Wire glued in and shoved through varying holes in the box and building. Holding Straps are that very thin brass wire purloined from wine Bottles, a pain to untangle but well worth it for such a valuable resource,
A11682EA-21BE-4765-82BC-622307FC06B6.jpeg
6D086CC6-6880-4B0D-BC82-79DA7DF6583C.jpegA11682EA-21BE-4765-82BC-622307FC06B6.jpeg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
That is a very good effort, Jon..
The DP (Distribution Point) / black box, is spot-on.. - You just need to work on the running of your cables, a little! ;):giggle::giggle:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
That is a very good effort, Jon..
The DP (Distribution Point) / black box, is spot-on.. - You just need to work on the running of your cables, a little! ;):giggle::giggle:
Not too sure about that, some of the cable runs I've seen are so much worse