Scale Plans Drawn Up....

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
OK now my pencil drawing is poor- but this should help share my propsal with you guys. This has been forced on me by our house being extended- but my first shot is full of tight bends and gradients and is all in timber. So I am going to use the opportunity to be patient and build something more permanent over the next year- two loops and nice and smooth... The aim will be such that a live steamer can be let go at any speed on each loop in any direction. When I play with lady anne non RC (can just get her chuffing round on her own wih care and burnt fingers) i too often end up running like madman to catch her before an r1!

before and after plans attached, thoughts appreciated. ( they weren't exaclty works of art BEFORE compression so sorry for quality)

the two big bits are an embankment or low viaduct to avoid a current undulation and the need to but another hole in the garage and then (somehow) lay the track into the concrete floor...
When it's done I'll be having a openday- and I don't know anyone interested apart from my kids- so be expecting to turn some of these usernames to faces :)
4202444673b94377a2a77f2b6b378083.jpg

a2d3cd3ff2dc4dd39bdda49a5d3eaf84.jpg

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
2nd plan is best if you have a live steamie; you'll need a continuous loop for it to run....

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
thanks gizzy- sorry not to be clear- the first plan is how it currently is - and the second one is my current location.

The current one is a loop - it goes beyond the garage and back thru...

A

Alec K

I'd honestly attempt to draw this up to scale so that you can get the radii of the curves measured accurately. I've always found that my mind's eye can see railway curves that are physically impossible to construct or would cause serial derailment.

Alec K

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
the plans are scale 1.50 of the garden- when the size of a4 graph paper. the curves are handrawn yes i see what you mean...

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
It's great to have a plan, but it's funny how it changes once you start laying the track.