Rowoy Steel Bridge Kit

65 1057

Railways @ 1.435 mm/ 1.000 mm/ 750 mm and 45mm
9 May 2018
Berlin
Best answers
Country flag
I recently bought a 1200mm long bridge kit to make my line extension a bit more interesting.
The german vendor sells on evilbay and is very curteous in case of questions or special requests.
He offers many different types & lenghts of bridges, so ask him for the most recent catalogue!

This is how the kit is delivered:

1687260101201.png

The components are CNC milled and are made of 5mm thick plastic (FOREX). The material can be painted without any problems, is UV-resistant and ideally suited for outdoor use.

The assebmly is quite easy - you stick the parts together according to the instruction and glue the joints (e.g. Ruderer L530):

1687260286641.png

For the final assembly (and to achieve a certain load capacity) you need to insert into the notches two aluminium profiles (L-profile) . These profiles have to be purchased separately e.g. in DIY stores.

1687260385747.png

Then a rattle can paint job - and that's it!

1687260666309.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I recently bought a 1200mm long bridge kit to make my line extension a bit more interesting.
The german vendor sells on evilbay and is very curteous in case of questions or special requests.
He offers many different types & lenghts of bridges, so ask him for the most recent catalogue!

View attachment 314764

The components are CNC milled and are made of 5mm thick plastic (FOREX). The material can be painted without any problems, is UV-resistant and ideally suited for outdoor use.

The assebmly is quite easy - you stick the parts together according to the instruction and glue the joints (e.g. Ruderer L530):

View attachment 314765

For the final assembly (and to achieve a certain load capacity) you need to insert into the notches two aluminium profiles (L-profile) . These profiles have to be purchased separately e.g. in DIY stores.

View attachment 314766

View attachment 314767
Interesting possibility with bridges, he looks to do some other interesting accesories as well, the rolling roads look to be good value compared to others I have seen. Plus an interesting track cleaner amongst other bits. Little question, I see you have highlighted where the L profile fits. Does it go for the full length of the bridge as it is a bit difficult to see in your picture?

65 1057

9 May 2018
Berlin
Best answers
Country flag
Does it go for the full length of the bridge as it is a bit difficult to see in your picture?

Yes - the L-profiles can even a bit longer to serve as a bridge abutment

My bridge kit required the L-profiles in this position (other kits have different positions but the design idea is always the same)

1687337173992.png
1687337686344.png

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
It looks a nice piece of kit, neatly made and the upright leg of the ally angle delivers the strength.

As a professional builder, I have a natural aversion to glues outside, and would be happier with mechanical fixings - some tiny s/s self tappers into the upright leg of the angle would see me sleeping at night :nerd::nerd:

Technocrat

Mostly Retired?
18 Feb 2022
De Graff Kansas
Best answers
Country flag
Yes - the L-profiles can even a bit longer to serve as a bridge abutment

My bridge kit required the L-profiles in this position (other kits have different positions but the design idea is always the same)

View attachment 314803
View attachment 314806
Is there a way to translate his store to English? I admit to not being the most internet savvy...

Last edited:

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag

View attachment 314764

View attachment 314765

View attachment 314766

View attachment 314767

I'm rebuilding my track right now - I'd like to include two or more of his bridges, but in double-track units. I can't find his catalogue details - can you help?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I'm rebuilding my track right now - I'd like to include two or more of his bridges, but in double-track units. I can't find his catalogue details - can you help?
Did you follow the link in post #1?

That is EvilBay, but you can send the Seller a message.
The listing is in German, but I think you can probably cope with that? ;)

PhilP

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Did you follow the link in post #1?

That is EvilBay, but you can send the Seller a message.
The listing is in German, but I think you can probably cope with that? ;)

PhilP
Genau.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Is there a way to translate his store to English? I admit to not being the most internet savvy...
Google translate or some browsers give option to translate page.

65 1057

9 May 2018
Berlin
Best answers
Country flag
Here we are:
I got the permission from the shop owner to publish his catalogue. I translated the part 1, and I guess part 2 and 3 are more or less self explaining...
In case of questions please refer directly to Ronny (from Leipzig): Ronny [rowoy@gmx.net]

Attachments

• Katalog_01_23_part_1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Katalog_01_23_part_2.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Katalog_01_23_part_3.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Here we are:
I got the permission from the shop owner to publish his catalogue. I translated the part 1, and I guess part 2 and 3 are more or less self explaining...
In case of questions please refer directly to Ronny (from Leipzig): Ronny [rowoy@gmx.net]

Many thanks for that help. HOWEVER, if the catalogue had been more easy to find/accessible, it would have been a lot easier all round. Excellent and easy to understand diagrams, too, especially those giving details of commercially-available radii track! I'm slavering over the double track units already!!!!!!!

Last edited:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Those bridges are quite something, especially the curved ones. Wish I had a need for some.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Vielen Dank, dass Sie dies gepostet haben.

PhilP

Technocrat

Mostly Retired?
18 Feb 2022
De Graff Kansas
Best answers
Country flag
Here we are:
Thank you sir!

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Here we are:
These are mouth-watering :rock:

NCS from Qbyn

Registered
29 Apr 2016
Queanbeyan, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I wish those curved kits had been available 15 years ago! I put in an enormous amount of effort to build several curved bridges for some elevated sections on my layout back then - using Plastruct ABS sheeting and I-beams. It took a lot of time to measure up the sectional cuts to get the proper clearances and fit the sections together. A lot of work with a jig saw and heaps of wasted off-cut ABS! These kits would have been a god-send back then. Still, mine are still outside doing their job, though some are suffering a bit from years of exposure to the sun and rain. So, if I ever need to replace any of them, at least I will now have an easier option. The material cost would be significantly higher - but the significant saving in labour and the better aesthetic outcome would more than compensate for that.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I wish those curved kits had been available 15 years ago! I put in an enormous amount of effort to build several curved bridges for some elevated sections on my layout back then - using Plastruct ABS sheeting and I-beams. It took a lot of time to measure up the sectional cuts to get the proper clearances and fit the sections together. A lot of work with a jig saw and heaps of wasted off-cut ABS! These kits would have been a god-send back then. Still, mine are still outside doing their job, though some are suffering a bit from years of exposure to the sun and rain. So, if I ever need to replace any of them, at least I will now have an easier option. The material cost would be significantly higher - but the significant saving in labour and the better aesthetic outcome would more than compensate for that.
Yes but think of the satisfaction you had when it was done

NCS from Qbyn

Registered
29 Apr 2016
Queanbeyan, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Yes but think of the satisfaction you had when it was done
Don't get me wrong, I was pleased with the outcome, but I think the result would have been better using a kit like this one and it would have been much easier to do with the kits and probably look a lot better and be easier to maintain.