Roundhouse Darjeeling - looking for advice

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Generally with multiple bods driving them. I rather hate the Stick and Pistol grip car/plane/boat rc’s, if you have almost had an eye poked out by the earlier ones with long stick type ariels you would know why. Most bods eventually used to put a ping pong ball on the end for safety back in the day of 27/35/40 mhz. 2.4 gig do have shorter ariels so less of a danger but still a pain to use with a shunting pole and simplifier to hold.
My 2.4Gig hasn't an external aerial at all, I must admit to being a bit concerned about that, but it seems to work well

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
My 2.4Gig hasn't an external aerial at all, I must admit to being a bit concerned about that, but it seems to work well
So what is that on top of this then? But clearly some do not.image.jpg
Though my Fosworks Rx do not have an aerial but do have superb range, though likely not good enough for a Plane.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
So what is that on top of this then? But clearly some do not.View attachment 295966
Though my Fosworks Rx do not have an aerial but do have superb range, though likely not good enough for a Plane.
20220307_190157.jpg
I assume the aerial is internal, no flashy LCD screens, but it works well and it's range seems to good.