Roundhouse Darjeeling Himalayan

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers
Thanks for that..........IKB:( ...........thats Mr Brunel of course.....sorry senior moment! :thinking:

The47King - 4/11/2009 5:16 PM <p>I'm not sure if i love them or hate them :thinking: </p><p>They are definately an acquired taste :cool: </p><p>Tom.
</p><p>
</p><p>And I've definitely acquired the taste after seeing a full-sized one at the FR.</p><p>[img=http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/johnsaintjim/CRW_8971.jpg]</p>

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
you know, they ARE an odd duck
but

as a fan of the RAJ and most if not all things Indian and Nepali

and having seen footage as well as pics of the line-with its tiny rumble tumble 2 ft track and the steep climbs through tiny towns -with dogs, uniform clad school girls and the handsome inhabitants of the Himalayas on the right of way

they appeal to me in the same romantic way a C-16, Stainz, Shay or Mason Bogie does for thier particular realms

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers
I have been looking to see if anyone makes a kit for the latter carriages for the DHR. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Have added a pic from the real thing.

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers
Havn't looked but would like to find out if the Diesel is a kit also...............a little searching due me thinks :eek:nphone:

palmerston

trains
24 Oct 2009
Netherlands, near Aachen ;-)
Best answers
Country flag
Not a kit but scratch build published in Gardenrail last year or earlier. Strangely they don't publish a yearly index in their January issues.

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers
I had the pleasure of chating to Geoff Munday who many will know is the the "lightline" man. ( www.lightline16mm.com ) When I went up to the steam show at Kew a week or so ago. He had a pic of the beautiful sand coloured "BClass" that NHN has posted, and said the reason for the colour was that the owner uses the "My General manager bougt the loco second hand has had it restored and of course painted it in the railways own livery" great application of Rule 8! I love rule 8 in G Scale. (I assume it was bought brand new and outshoped from Roundhouse in this colour) Sadly he has no more pics on his website but I did find this one.............clever guy that Mr Munday :clap:

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers
He also had a rather nice prototypical red/maroon one but guess who didn't take a pic..............doh! :wits:

vsmith

G Scale indoors, O Tinplate, Micro Layouts
24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
Would love a Roundhouse Darj but oh, the eye watering price!

This is about the best i can manage;

http://paperkraft.blogspot.com/2009/10/toy-train-papercraft-darjeeling.html

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers
Flexible coupling darj style...........:rofl:

cannonball

Registered
3 Jul 2016
leicester
Best answers
Country flag
best detailed roundhouse locomotive imo . full of character just like the real thing !

24 Jan 2010
Porthmadog, North Wales
www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Best answers
Country flag
detail a Roundhouse one, try looking here

for close up shots

& also here

Unfortunately the full-size 19B depicted in those videos bears as much resemblance to a proper B-Class as my washing machine and I would not recommend using it as a guide if you want your loco to look like The Real Things. (Cab too high, no coal bunker extensions, blue boiler, no white stripes, wrong number for "blue" period, etc., are all faults with it) With a bit of work, the Roundhouse model can be turned in to something that really looks the part: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk/Pictures/DSC04530.JPG

Ralphmp

Registered
6 Jan 2010
Herts
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately the full-size 19B depicted in those videos bears as much resemblance to a proper B-Class as my washing machine and I would not recommend using it as a guide if you want your loco to look like The Real Things. (Cab too high, no coal bunker extensions, blue boiler, no white stripes, wrong number for "blue" period, etc., are all faults with it) With a bit of work, the Roundhouse model can be turned in to something that really looks the part: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk/Pictures/DSC04530.JPG
Or you could spend the time just enjoying running it and accept it is not intended to be a perfect replica.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
24 Jan 2010
Porthmadog, North Wales
www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Or you could spend the time just enjoying running it and accept it is not intended to be a perfect replica.
Ah, sorry, I thought we were discussing model railways, not toy trains.