Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Les,

Massoth have sounds for the Crok so you would have to install a XLS decoder or add a S sound module (if you can get one).

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
muns said:
Hi Les,

Massoth have sounds for the Crok so you would have to install a XLS decoder or add a S sound module (if you can get one).

Evening Mark the croc I bought is made by Marklin not LGB I have seen 2 units 82x0xxx/8230230, I have seen some were one for Marklin? which is the right one and will it be easy to install NOT ME thanks Les

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
8230040 is the classic RhB Krok for the LGB or Marklin/LGB model

8230230 is the Bernina Krok, no side rods, that was made by KISS.

As for installation it was simple on the LGB build and I'm not aware Marklin have changed it. You'd need some LGB spade connectors to connect the eight track and motor pins to the decoder and from memory a LGB interface cable to connect the lights. I'll check the dcc thread
Here we go though you need to ask Mike to see what happened to his pictures ;)

http://www.gscalecentral.net/decoder-fitting-guides/chipping-a-lgb-crock-for-gorden/

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Thanks for the infro I have just looked at Glendale, P&S and Dragon no 8260042 so were is it sold? Les

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
[quote author= You'd need some LGB spade connectors to connect the eight track and motor pins to the decoder
[/quote]

Blimey I thought these sound units were all electronic wizz bangs! An 8 track player?????.....................................

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Dinas Bryn said:
Thanks for the infro I have just looked at Glendale, P&S and Dragon no 8260042 so were is it sold? Les
That code doesn't exist on the Massoth XLS list, 8230042 is the modern Ge4/4 III which sounds nothing like the Krok.
With the XLS decoders you have to select the decoder as an item then they usually have a box to type in the code which tells them which sound to upload. I'd suggest ringing to make sure they know which loco it is if the sites are confusing.

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
PaulRhB said:
That code doesn't exist on the Massoth XLS list, 8230042 is the modern Ge4/4 III which sounds nothing like the Krok.
With the XLS decoders you have to select the decoder as an item then they usually have a box to type in the code which tells them which sound to upload. I'd suggest ringing to make sure they know which loco it is if the sites are confusing.

Thank you Sir, will do Les