Revamping the caboose fleet

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
All the railroad caboose fleet needed a revamp,some in a very sorry condition and so a clean,repaint and reletter regime was started together with de weathering process.Four done and three more to do but not counting the Piko drovers caboose which will remain "out the box" condition and rule 8 certainly fits in here as the sizes are not noticeable until they are placed together,in the pic from front to back,LGB toy train item then a Lionel car followed by Piko starter set 4 axle and at the rear the Hartland long caboose.The last pics are the 3 items still to do,LGB and 2 Bachmanns,I left the worst ones till last:cry::swear:These 3 are left outside 365days(and it shows);)cabeese 010.jpg cabeese 003.jpg cabeese 002.jpg cabeese 012.jpg cabeese 013.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Well some aroundtoits(since May),2 more items now through the paint and repair shops,the Bachmann L`ll hauler and LGB bobber,the hauler needed a reglaze,new ladder on one end, some handrail straightening and a tidy paint job as for the LGB car,really just a paint job.Both cars were stripped,washed and allowed to dry for 24 hours before working on them and the LGB car has been adapted to take the track cleaning pad attachment in the past and needs some new pads fitted at some point and a new cupula stay too,as these cars are left outside I find that the dry rub lettering comes off no matter how i fix them so on these I picked out the same with some white paint and a very small brush but only washed over the D&RG herald as it appears to be a purchase from the railroad?No roadname on the bachmann car as then can be hauled by any loco,as a very lightweight car it goes well behind Lill hauler,field loco or the Bachmann 2 6 0 Indy.Can I point out (before anyone else does) the green car in the previous pics also no 2,different railroads;) One more car to do,the Bachmann set bobber but this may be a lost cause as the body is glued to the chassis and therefore a possible breakage if I try and separate them,just have to try and see.It had crossed my mind to cut it up and use the ends and convert a box car into a long caboose,,,,,,now all it would need is a few windows cut,door filling in,a new,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:giggle::clap:cabeese2 001.jpgcabeese2 002.jpgcabeese2 003.jpg

Attachments

• cabeese2 002.jpg
    cabeese2 002.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 0
  • cabeese2 001.jpg
    cabeese2 001.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 2 users