Replacement Lion Batteries

Is Personal
24 Oct 2009
Darlington
Best answers
Hope this is allowable but I need help and I know that we have some very knowledgeable members on this Forum and I know that not everyone visits the coffee lounge.

I have a programmable remote control for my AV amp which has a Lion battery NEC AZW7264 which can be replaced by an AXD7379 or a 24004JC.

It is still running on its original 9 year old OEM supplied battery but there are signs that it is getting tired.

None of the above 3 seem to be available worldwide......................is there any other equivalent that I could use?

The manual contains grave warnings about using the wrong battery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers

Is Personal
24 Oct 2009
Darlington
Best answers
Thanks for that Trev, I had actually found that one and when I phoned them was told that it was out of stock. Gave up waiting for them to get back to me.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Roly, if you can't get a replacement battery, there is always the option of one of the 'learning' remote controls that can substitute for any make.
'One for All' make a large range as does 'Harmony'

or how about this one!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Wand-Company-Screwdriver-Universal/dp/B00EU7XW7C/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386926363&sr=1-6&keywords=remote+control+universal

Is Personal
24 Oct 2009
Darlington
Best answers
Just bought and returned a one for all from Amazon Mike, at an amazing price...............................but.

It just couldn't cope with the complexity of a modern TV, wouldn't touch the Sky box and froze totally in the programming mode...............I gave up after that.............At my age, it either does what it says on the tin. Or else!!!!!

The one for which I am trying to get a battery does everything including setting up the surround sound. You can even set the display to resemble the remote it replaces but as it is axiomatic in setting the amp parameters I don't want to risk what's left of the battery for everyday use.