regulator on my sabre lady anne

green park

Registered
25 Sep 2013
Best answers
hi all, the regulator on my sabre lady anne doesnt shut off dead like my usual needle valve type but feels "spongy" and is not very finely controllable. before i take it apart, does anyone know if it is liable to be an o ring type as fitted to roundhouse r/c locos and therefore thats how it should feel please? anyone converted to needle valve with success? thanx, mart....

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
I'd have expected an "O" ring type would be more reliable; if not operating cleanly then I would just change the "O" ring to start with. Needle type valves are notoriously unreliable, the smallest bit of carp causing problems.

Certainly the feel of the 'close' will be more spongy, due to the softness of the seat, nothing wrong in that; just make sure that the movement allows enough squeeze on the ring.

400Parker

Registered
18 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
Just using your thread, Martin, to run a test. I hope you've sorted out your regulator problem. How's the loco going now?
Steve

green park

Registered
25 Sep 2013
Best answers
finally made a new regulator spindle for my julie anne. its a 1/4" x 40 thread and made a needle valve point instead of the o ring R/C type it had. much more controllable now, finally totally sorted loco. if anyone wants the fine thread one i bought, its yours for a fiver. in the pic its the one on the left, centre is original R/C o ring one and on the right is my new coarse thread needle valve one. also a pic of the loco now. mart..

Attachments

• spindle.jpg
    spindle.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 61
  • squirrel 021.jpg
    squirrel 021.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 69