Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, welcome to the forum.

First thing is to check the easy bits.

Is the section of track opposite the controller dirty in any way?

Are all the track sections joined together firmly so that you have good electrical continuity? You will need to check each joint all the way around the circuit.

Let us know how you get on :wave:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, don't forget that the current will flow both ways around the circuit, so it's possible that there are two dodgy connections.

Good luck :clap:

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
<p>Some copper based or similar conductive grease in the track connectors may resolve the problem.</p><p> </p>

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
i imagine the weight of the loco is shifting the joiners
while i do not know marklin joiners i presume they are like LGB

gently crimp the joiners of each of the several sections either side of the stopping point

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
<p>
twscale1 - 8/12/2009 9:45 PM Rhino- will do thanks KeithT- thank you, that sounds like a good idea, this track does not snap together as solidly as others we've used, is it used in other disciplines? no hobby stores in sight! are there any tricks to its application?
</p><p>Very straightforward to use, simply smear a roughly pea sized blob into the joiners and refit them.</p><p>LGB have their own version but it's relatively expensive. You could try a car spares shop. Coppaslip or similar is used to prevent disk brake squeal no doubt a similar product will be available in your neck of the woods.</p>

E

Elmtree Line

The tighter the connectors between the track pieces the better the power will run round.

As suggested try closing the gap in the connectors a little with pliers etc so that the track is a firm push together.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
And show us a picture - we like pictures :D :D