Rattle in MTS3 Central Station

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
They are not easy to get into.Along the bottom sides are either two or three round rivets.
If you knock these in then you can gain acesss. However they cannot be reused.Could be one of these from manufacturing

Rob s

trains, R/C models, 4x4 off roading, motor sport
24 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
55.5 said:
Have just sold Mike (Beavercreek) an MTS setup which I bought with a nearly new MTS starter set. When I first got the set, I tested it and everthing worked OK.
Mike has just PM'd me to say he got the set and that there is a rattle in the central station.
Anyone got any ideas on what this might be? How easy is it to look inside?
Any help/advice would be welcome!!

Does it stil work, a friend of mine has one of these (bought from new) that not only rattles but aso hums (very quitely) to it self as well.
He was really worried at first but the dealer said (in writeing)
if it works it's ok, and if it stops working in the the next five years i will replace it (providing you don't do to much shaking of the unit to make it rattle).
From this we assumed that a slight hum and/or rattle was not unusual.
EDIT-That assuming it is not rattleing when it is sat still on it's shelf :rofl:

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I'm also a newbie to the dark side, but I've got it running on my portable layout at the MRCas well as here in the garden at home.

So if Mike wants to get it tested nearer to North Essex, he can PM me and I'll help him check that it's all working before he sends it up North....

steinz

Registered
8 Nov 2009
Best answers
More than happy to help test the Central Station - I am located in South Essex !