Ral Paint mumbers.....

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Looking at one of those, when I get around to it projects, or maybe never as the case may be.

Anyhow I have found what I think is the correct shade of paint for the job I have in mind, the repainting to green a RhB restaurant coach. (BTW I don't even have the coach yet.)

Looking at it with the limitations of a computer screen, to my eye it looks as if Fir Green, RAL 6009 will be a match....

So I am throwing this open to see if anyone has an opinion as to my choice, and whilst anyone is at, maybe we could start a list of other colour match numbers as well, just a thought.

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
If you want a precise match take a sample ( be it an entire coach or whatever) to an Automotive paint supplier. They can "scan" the object and supply paint with your desired gloss level ready to spray or in an aerosol can....

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Top tip as Mick says autopaint shop and get cellulose. Then very light coats , flat each coat thining the mix each time untill it is nearly all thiners. Seriously thinking of doing my locos again.
Not too sure if Troger in germany may have the transfers

And tell them it is for an old vehicle to get around the legalities of using it!