QUESTION FOR DIMAX NAVIGATOR USERS

TEDNDRAKE12

Registered
12 Sep 2020
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA, USA
Best answers
I HAVE ONE PRETTY SIMPLE QUESTION - HOW CAN YOU TURN ON AND OFF LIGHTS WITH THE DIMAX NAVIGATOR?

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
What sort of lights? Locomotive lights, building lights, coach lighting?

Lights connected to a locomotive decoder can normally be switched on and off with button button 9 (it has a lamp symbol on it) and the lamp symbol on the display will indicate their state.

Please dont take offence, but when you use CAPITALS in your posts it is regarded as SHOUTING, so please avoid if possible. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately, when you use different DCC systems, and different decoders, not all questions are simple.

I see you have posted 6 times, all of them fundamental DCC questions. That's ok, you are clearly learning.

You might want to concentrate on either the MTS system or the Dimax system first, since you also seem to have several different locos with different decoders.

Also, have the manuals been of any help to you?

Greg

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
I HAVE ONE PRETTY SIMPLE QUESTION - HOW CAN YOU TURN ON AND OFF LIGHTS WITH THE DIMAX NAVIGATOR?
Hi - You may be having problems turning on the lights if you don't have your Massoth DCC system/Navigator set the same as the Speed Steps set in your loco's decoder. If one is set to say Speed Steps 14, and the other is set to Speed Steps 28, your loco's lights won't operate properly. Put the loco on your Programming Track and use the Navigator's Address/Speed Steps protocol and set the loco's decoder to whatever Address you want (Default is 3) and then set either 14 or 28 Speed Steps, Press Okay, then both your DCC system and the decoder should be in alignment. The loco should "jump" back and forth a few seconds after you press Okay, which indicates it was accepted ok by the decoder.
Tom