markrussell1966

I Love Live Steam
24 Nov 2013
Worcestershire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Hi can someone let me know how to change the loco address using a 55016p controller. Done it years ago but cannot get it to work now following the instruction booklet?

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Difficult to say any more than the steps in the instruction manual.

In what way is it not working for you? is the display going into P-- mode ok?

What address are you entering?

Does the loco jitter a little as the address is sent to it?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
You've changed over to the programming head with the 4wires I assume?

The most obvious questions are often the ones that we forget to ask...... ;)

Jon.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
What is the programming head? Never used it before can you please explain?

LGB FAQs : MTS DCC Systems

For programming, use an unpowered "programming track" or connect the decoder directly to the remote:
- Press both textured clips at the top of the remote inward. Pull the insert with the connecting cable out of the remote. Slide the programming insert into the remote.
- Connect the yellow and green wires to an LGB transformer (55110 or 55060).
- Connect the white and brown wires to the inputs of the decoder or to a programming track.

Caution! Do not connect the white and brown wires to a transformer or to an LGB layout that is connected to a power source. The remote will be destroyed.

To program:
- The display shows "P --"
- Enter the register number (see decoder instructions).
- The display shows "P x" (x = Register Number). (There is not another prompt by displaying "P --")
- Enter the function value for the register (see decoder instructions).
- Press the right arrow button ">" to execute the programming. (To abort programming, press the left arrow button "<")
- After programming the register, the display shows "P --" again. Program the next register or terminate the programming by unplugging the wires.

Hints:
- If the decoder has not been programmed properly, the display shows "E."
- When programming with the 55015 Universal Remote, program loco address 00 as address 23.
- For programming, use a transformer with an output of at least 2 Amps. Otherwise, the programming may not work.
- Wait at least 15 seconds after removing the programming insert before putting in the insert for normal operations. Otherwise, the display shows "P --": Remove the insert and wait longer before re-inserting it.

Faq No: 1097​

markrussell1966

I Love Live Steam
24 Nov 2013
Worcestershire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
LGB FAQs : MTS DCC Systems

For programming, use an unpowered "programming track" or connect the decoder directly to the remote:​
- Press both textured clips at the top of the remote inward. Pull the insert with the connecting cable out of the remote. Slide the programming insert into the remote.​
- Connect the yellow and green wires to an LGB transformer (55110 or 55060).​
- Connect the white and brown wires to the inputs of the decoder or to a programming track.​
Caution! Do not connect the white and brown wires to a transformer or to an LGB layout that is connected to a power source. The remote will be destroyed.​
To program:​
- The display shows "P --"​
- Enter the register number (see decoder instructions).​
- The display shows "P x" (x = Register Number). (There is not another prompt by displaying "P --")​
- Enter the function value for the register (see decoder instructions).​
- Press the right arrow button ">" to execute the programming. (To abort programming, press the left arrow button "<")​
- After programming the register, the display shows "P --" again. Program the next register or terminate the programming by unplugging the wires.​
Hints:​
- If the decoder has not been programmed properly, the display shows "E."​
- When programming with the 55015 Universal Remote, program loco address 00 as address 23.​
- For programming, use a transformer with an output of at least 2 Amps. Otherwise, the programming may not work.​
- Wait at least 15 seconds after removing the programming insert before putting in the insert for normal operations. Otherwise, the display shows "P --": Remove the insert and wait longer before re-inserting it.​
Faq No: 1097​
I am using the 55016 remote so does the same apply? I have never used an adaptor before and have programmed just the loco addresses?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, hang on, the 55016 is the Loco remote, right? The one with the big red knob (oo-er missus....)?
The programming insert is only for the Universal Remote, the 55015..... so some of the above posts (mine included) have been at cross-purposes.

The abilities of the 55016 as far as any programming is concerned are very limited - when I had my MTS2 set (which came with a 55016) I very soon bought a 55015 Universal Remote as well, so I could actually do some basic decoder programming.
I do seem to recall something about being able to change the loco address (but not much else) with the 55016, but I haven't any memory of how to do it.....

Jon.

MTheStrong

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Harwich
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, hang on, the 55016 is the Loco remote, right? The one with the big red knob (oo-er missus....)?
The programming insert is only for the Universal Remote, the 55015..... so some of the above posts (mine included) have been at cross-purposes.

The abilities of the 55016 as far as any programming is concerned are very limited - when I had my MTS2 set (which came with a 55016) I very soon bought a 55015 Universal Remote as well, so I could actually do some basic decoder programming.
I do seem to recall something about being able to change the loco address (but not much else) with the 55016, but I haven't any memory of how to do it.....

Jon.
Jon,

You are right. The 55016 (loco remote) can be used to change the loco address in the range 0 to 22 only. To program other functions you need the 55015 (Universal Remote).

Martin

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag

Brixham

No buffers were hurt at this sign
27 Aug 2010
Best answers
Country flag
I sold my mts 3 55016 combo unit a year ago...and I did manage to get it into prog mode....just to prove that I could, and the unit was fully functional

I followed the instructions, and one time out of 50 managed to get it to work

the instructions ( on P22 of PhilP's link ) are almost right.

I can't quite remember exactly the sequence, but I released one button ( either stop or reset ) much earlier than the instructions state, and I found I could reliably access the 'P' function

Best of luck...

Malcolm

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
I sold my mts 3 55016 combo unit a year ago...and I did manage to get it into prog mode....just to prove that I could, and the unit was fully functional

I can't quite remember exactly the sequence, but I released one button ( either stop or reset ) much earlier than the instructions state, and I found I could reliably access the 'P' function

Best of luck...

Malcolm
I'd better save this thread Malcolm, just in case I ever get the kit I bought from you out of the box with the intention of using it!

Brixham

No buffers were hurt at this sign
27 Aug 2010
Best answers
Country flag
I too have ebay purchases just sat awaiting attention'!

I tried to find the ebay listing, or my draft text, but they're gone....

I think I released the stop button about half a second after letting go of the reset button

Malcolm

markrussell1966

I Love Live Steam
24 Nov 2013
Worcestershire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag

Best of luck...

Malcolm

markrussell1966

I Love Live Steam
24 Nov 2013
Worcestershire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I give up ! Doesn’t seem to matter what I do I cannot get it to switch into programming mode! And I’ve probably tried 250 times now....
Looks like I need get a programming module; lgb or Massoth?

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Got an LGB one I could loan you....