Posting video?

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
I'm sure there's instructions somewhere but I can't find it! do we have a youtube account to post video to, or do we just upload a link to our own account's?

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
I'm trying to upload a video to Youtube and it's taken 15min's to do 50% of a two minute video? is this normal?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Re how long it can take to upload video. As with most things to do with computing, it depends on where you or what start with. Probably also what type of Computer you have. I use a fairly modern Mac and tend to use unedited film from my Still Digital Camera that does Video (a Lumix). Depending on the length of clip, I have been known to set the upload going and then go to bed to find it finished not long before I got up. I have recently restricted my clips to between 2 and 3 minutes and even these can take over an hour or so to upload to Utube. I do have a Virgin Media Broad Band connection. Hope this helps a bit.
JonD

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Thanks Jon in the end it worked out about 15min's average time to upload 2min's of raw video from the 'puter. I misspelt my screen name for minimans and put minimanss! and now it wont let me use minimans Oh well..........................................