Possible open day

400Parker

Registered
18 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
I'm thinking of hosting a coal firing open day in early September (hopefully when the weather is better) either on a Saturday or Sunday (or both). I've sent out some invitations by e-mail to folk I know to assess the level of interest and I thought I'd also ask on the Forum. If the demand is too great I may have to make it by invitation only but as it's rather a niche aspect of the hobby demand may not be that great. If there isn't much demand the few people who have said they will come will have a good time! Just to give you an idea of my location to help you decide if the journey is feasible, I'm not far from the Mere turn off from the A303. And my railway is 45mm gauge (as you've probably worked out from watching Chris Bird's videos).
The idea is to come and run your coal fired loco and meet up with other coal firers but it may be of interest to people who want to learn about coal firing or see coal firing in action, hence the possibility of it being by invitation only.
Please let me know if you're interested either by reply to this post, or by PM.
Steve

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
I'd be interested if I'm not working Steve, no plans to go live steam again at present but I do enjoy seeing them. If there's lots of interest I'd happily give priority to those with or about to go coal fired :)