Playmobile Level Crossing

electricity_bill

Registered
11 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Hello

My lockdown project needs a little help. I am trying to get the dummy light units on the Playmobil Level Crossing to flash alternatively. I have some LEDs to replace them, but I need a mechanism to get them to flash. I need some sort of 20V flasher unit with alternate outputs which I can power from the track and perhaps a simple function decoder to switch them on and off. Alternatively, is there a function decoder which will do both jobs?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-28 105401 (2).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 105401 (2).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 0

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Just buy flashing LEDs far easier :)

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Just seen this - Laisdcc 860011 4 function output only dcc decoder - ideal for lighting & signals - which I think is worth a try.
If that doesn't work I've found the kids toys with sound and lights a good source of bit and pieces. I usually pick mine up on the car boot sales for 50p or so. As they are possibly going to re-start soon it might be worth a look. A bridge rectifier and a buck converter can work wonders.

electricity_bill

Registered
11 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
If that doesn't work I've found the kids toys with sound and lights a good source of bit and pieces. I usually pick mine up on the car boot sales for 50p or so. As they are possibly going to re-start soon it might be worth a look. A bridge rectifier and a buck converter can work wonders.
Will the Laisdcc HO decoder tolerate G Scale 18V DCC power?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Uh oh, where is the no “e” at the end of Playmobil cop when you need him!

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Best answers
Country flag
Uh oh, where is the no “e” at the end of Playmobil cop when you need him!
Maybe the 'e' indicates the plural of playmobil in German?

The topic reminds me of this video:

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

electricity_bill

Registered
11 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
A bit basic but I could use some help. Never done it before so how do I operate a function only decoder from my Massoth Navigator?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
A bit basic but I could use some help. Never done it before so how do I operate a function only decoder from my Massoth Navigator?
Hm thought I knew but not sure so said nothing.

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I have no experience with the Massoth Navigator, but I do use a function only decoder in an AutoTrailer I have which is fitted with directional and interior lighting. Basically it is just like a regular loco decoder, but without motor control. I know that sounds basic, but just think of it like that. You will need to give it a unique address in the loco addresses range and then call it on whatever controller you have as any regular loco decoder and then control the functions on it just like those on a regular loco decoder. It just isn’t going to react to speed steps!
However, I would only use a function decoder on rolling stock. For something lineside I’d use an accessory decoder if it needed control, or just one of the flashing light controllers recommended above.

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
A 5 volt source and the 555 timer can do the job with resistors and low voltage leds.